Most Overrated Producer?

Dante Lewis.Esq said:
"THAT ONE GUY J DILLA" WTF??? TO EACH IS OWN,BUT IF YOUR A HIP HOP PRODUCER I THINK YOU OWE THIS MAN A FAVOR.I DON'T REALLY KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT THIS THREAD,WERE TALKING ABOUT PRODUCERS THAT HAVE BROUGHT PEOPLE BACK FROM HIP HOP DEATH,JUST ONE BEAT ALONE FROM SOME OF THESE PRODUCERS CAN SAVE MOST PEOPLES CAREERS,AND IF WE LIKE IT OR NOT THEY PRODUCE THE MUSIC THAT OUR GIRLFRIENDS HAVE AS RINGTONES,I THINK THE TERM "OVERRATED" DOESNT APPLY TO ANY OF THE PRODUCERS IN THIS THREAD,I WOULD AGREE IF THEY DIDN'T HAVE THE PLATINUM TOUCH,BUT TIMBO,STORCH,KANYE,DRE,NITTI,9 TIMES OUT OF 10 EVERYTHING THEY TOUCH OR HAVE THERE NAME ON IS A HIT,IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT,SOME OF THESE GUYS ARE THE REASON WE ARE "PRODUCERS" . (PEACE)
He does have a point one reason I became a producerwas beacuse of Dre, Timbo and kanye and one beat from one of those guys would send someone career soaring or at least get it started with some ease

Dre is NOT overrated he was like one of the first rap producers so u cant say **** about dre but the most overrated producer is lil jon cuz where i live ppl give him way too much credit for shyt that soundz basically the same

So trash

Scott Storch gets too much credit I don't even see how he can half way think he can compete with Timbaland. Timbaland is one of the best producers that rap has ever seen.

Oh yeah and I hate those two note snap beat producers too.

CToneMusik said:
Scott Storch gets too much credit I don't even see how he can half way think he can compete with Timbaland. Timbaland is one of the best producers that rap has ever seen.

Thank you Scott Storch can't even compete on the same level as timbaland
:sing:

CToneMusik said:

double double co-sign. i dont think really anyone can compete wit tim besides dre.

Dante Lewis.Esq said:
"THAT ONE GUY J DILLA" WTF??? TO EACH IS OWN,BUT IF YOUR A HIP HOP PRODUCER I THINK YOU OWE THIS MAN A FAVOR.I DON'T REALLY KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT THIS THREAD,WERE TALKING ABOUT PRODUCERS THAT HAVE BROUGHT PEOPLE BACK FROM HIP HOP DEATH,JUST ONE BEAT ALONE FROM SOME OF THESE PRODUCERS CAN SAVE MOST PEOPLES CAREERS,AND IF WE LIKE IT OR NOT THEY PRODUCE THE MUSIC THAT OUR GIRLFRIENDS HAVE AS RINGTONES,I THINK THE TERM "OVERRATED" DOESNT APPLY TO ANY OF THE PRODUCERS IN THIS THREAD,I WOULD AGREE IF THEY DIDN'T HAVE THE PLATINUM TOUCH,BUT TIMBO,STORCH,KANYE,DRE,NITTI,9 TIMES OUT OF 10 EVERYTHING THEY TOUCH OR HAVE THERE NAME ON IS A HIT,IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT,SOME OF THESE GUYS ARE THE REASON WE ARE "PRODUCERS" . (PEACE)

yea sorry but his stuff is sooo boring. and ive treid to like him but no luck wit dat

j dilla is great...you just havent heard enough of his material. thats it.

i dled a whole instrumental cd of his wit like 41 beats. and where they were a lil tight at first theyjus got boring. then i couldnt even finsih cuz i was fallin alseep. no lie

I really feel 1-2 and everyone else. Swizz, Dre',Storch, I'm not too familiar w/9th wonder tho. oh yeah, and the Neptunes.

CToneMusik said:

That's what I call a close-mind.

BTU said:
I really feel 1-2 and everyone else. Swizz, Dre',Storch, I'm not too familiar w/9th wonder tho. oh yeah, and the Neptunes.

So you must be Kanye, lol...

mastamoore89 said:
i dled a whole instrumental cd of his wit like 41 beats. and where they were a lil tight at first theyjus got boring. then i couldnt even finsih cuz i was fallin alseep. no lie

Well, I can understand why it would be boring to some. Everybody got there own taste. At least your not saying it sucks, garbage or not good. It's good your not being a hater.

Last edited:
It's not so much a closed mind. It's a clear mind not getting caught up in the hype. There is no way that Scott Storch's hits with The Game, 50 Cent, Fat Joe can even stand up to the countless songs that Timbaland has done for Missy, Ginuwine, Aaliyah, Jay-Z, J.T., Nelly Furtado, etc..... There's a difference between good and great. Scott Storch is good, Timbo is great. History tells it best.

Ya'll should change the title to most "overrated beatmaker".

Although most hip hop producers make beats, a producer doesn't have to make their own beats.

All they have to do is make hits (they can have other people make beats, play the music etc). And as long as millions of people love them, they can still have people who think they are sell outs, fakers, wack etc. At the end of the day though all those guys made hits.

Puff Daddy is someone I don't care for as a beatmaker (I'm not even sure if he can actually make a beat), but I'd say he is like the tightest producer in the game.

I'd say Scott Storch is overrated producer, mainly because he is probably still fairly new compared to the others and I'm not sure of too many whole albulms he produced.

I'm more a fan of producers who can produce whole albulms by themselves. That kind of shows they have range.

One-2Beatz said:
For me it would have to be swizz beatz. His current sh1t is so WHAK!!!

YUUUUPPP U GOT THAT ONE RIGHT.. But ya.. I like Scott Storch, don't get me wrong... but he is a little to over rated

Lil' Jon... how did he get popular in the first place?

Storch has nice tracks, but is overrated. I think he's kind of a copy cat too. I mean, when i first heard "Truck Volume" i thought i was Dr. Dre and when i first heard "U Make Me Wanna" i thought it was Timbo. I like both tracks, but still! lol.

Back