Mixing and Mastering Sample Beats(particularly samples that have drums in it already)

StanleySteamer

Hey FP, I have a question about mixing and mastering beats that are sample based but more particularly ones that have drums in it. I use FL Studio and I feel like my mixes are pretty good for the most part but when I sample songs that have drums in it I feel like maybe my drums aren't loud enough to cover the kicks and snares already in the sample. Sometimes I feel like I still hear them in contrast to my own drums. Anyways I want to link my sound cloud and see what you guys think and maybe you could tell me what you think and maybe if I need to lower my samples volume or raise my drums volume or maybe my mixes are correct.

Heres my sound cloud:Rob Burgundy's sounds on SoundCloud - Hear the world

Thanks again feedback always appreciated !

Last edited:
When I sample something that has a full drum kit in it, I normally put a hi pass filter to kill the low end and some of the mids. Do this at your own risk especially if you want to keep something in the lower and middle frequencies.

I had the same problem years ago .. but as I can suggest .. use Fruity compressor .. and choose "drums" from presets .. and if it's not loud enough .. work with fruity equalizer 2 .. you're a producer figure it out yourself how " most drums are low and mid frequency" Hope I helped :)

Back