MF Doom's Sampling

no, it could be anything else, lol. i swear, i found three of his samples just listening to the smooth jazz station one night. no joke, lol. and they're just straight loops.

he's got crazy loops though.

Damn, might have to start looping ish more...getting tired of chopping so much.

My fav Doom beat is the Vomitspit beat.

Last edited:
Generic White Boy said:
If you know what you're doing, you can chop any record until it sounds evil. Hence listen to the the source track for "Rock Co.Kane Flow" by De La Soul.
jake one did that beat not doom

back in a bit bare with

mf - rhymes like dimes

quincy jones and james ingram - one hundred ways
aroudn the 3 min mark you here a moog solo
(privately this has secretly grown on me but i better not tell FP that)

mf doom - cedar

cymande- brothers on the slide

Last edited:
Doom is deff a big influence on me production wise. Dude is sick on the mic also. I have most of his albums including his alias. I think the only thing im missing is Special Blends 0 and 9. Props on those youtube links.

Doom does have some gems, but the nonsense style only goes so far for so long...

Last edited:
Nu_Soundproduction said:
you can buy a cd called 'Doom Breaks' which contains all of the original samples from his famous tunes. Mostly from Operation Doomsday. I was AMAZED at how little he does to the samples, on most of them he doesnt even add any drums, just loops a part of the song with its original drums!! i really advise you get this, i would post it if it wasnt against the ethos of this site and existing copyright laws :0)!

its amazing how little a lot of big name producers do to their samples once you hear the original samples.

haha.
Doom is so original so he picks up alot of samples from old cartoons and jazz.
thats why he is one of my favorites.

doom is so raw. everything on his food albums are brilliant. i feel like that and his work on danger doom were his best.

around the 3:00 for rhymes like dimes

about the 2 min mark when the solo comes in.

love his style. his drums are strange. always have an 808 on them but he uses the hold setting instead of one hit.....to me thats strange, his snares cut off (to me) too soon.

I'm surprised noone put his DRAGONBALL Z sample up yet. Check this out. Warning: Your head may explode

Original beat:

Original sample: (around 30sec)

Back