Mapping regions to pads or keys in Edison

KVLTVRED

I'm tired of having to assing every chop to a specific pad everytime I load a sample and slice it. I'm using a novation launchkey 49, could anyone she'd some light on this subject? I had a Kong padkontrol in the past and via fpc in fl studio I was able to... Auto map? My pads to the arrangement they were in or move them around etc.

ths is why slicex exists.edison is for chopping to the fpc or poise.slicex is an fpc with edison functions.
thanks for the response, I get what the actual functionality is of the software. But, I still have to go into each "slice" and assign the trigger to the corresponding pad. I'm curious whether it is possible at all to have my pads "memorized" with scripting or mapping or however that is generally done to be able to load up a sample with 8 slices and have them mapped automatically to my 8 pads. So on and so forth. I feel like this should be a standard with really any decent controller with sampling/drum/launch/control "pads". Hopefully I'm just missing the smallest detail and this is very possible and more easily accessible than I think.

Thanks. Very helpful actually. Im curious if I could edit and or save my own "layout". It's got to be possible. I mean.. Cmon.

So, I do have some promising news. Basically, in fpc through the tab where you can assign notes to the triggers click on "map notes for entire bank" and go through the pads "teaching" the pads where I'm going to be playing them and save the "layout" so maybe if I open fpc with that layout and load certain chops to their it will assign them accordingly. Maybe slicex has something like this. I'll dig into this now and post my findings as far as functionality of fpc and slicex.

unfortunately nope ya gotta press the abc button to automap every time you load samples in.unless you change the notes of your pad to be c5 -c6, it always maps to the piano's middle note because of that too.if you own a padkontrol, trigger finger or any mpc you dont need to change the notes.

Unfortunately I sold my padkontrol due to a major lack of knowledge a year ago on how it truly worked. But thanks, I kind of found a shortcut by taking the time to assign the pads and saving a layout seems to work so far. Here goes nothing.

Alright I know this is getting redundant. But my loophole is working. Loading an empty fpc with no layout selected I'm loading my chops in order of where I want them on the pads and when I click the layout I made, they're all there in order!

make sure to save that layout as a file you can access from inside fpc so you'll never have to redo the process.took me about an hour last month getting that dam thing to do it.

For sure, it's looking like slicex may be a no go but I did find a way of assigning them faster. They have a layout for Mpc trigger finger and padkontrol. Hopefully there is a loophole here as well.

k figured out some of it, messed with all the pad settings and found out why it does what it does.slicex has the same controls as fpc and edison in a literal sense.

the padkontrol setting somehow makes slicex follow the padkontrols notes instead of the padkontrol having to be changed to c5 through 6 manually.
same for trigger finger and the mpc.assigning the chops automatically for other pads seem to only be possible if setting c5-c6 as any pads default note in an editor or from inside the pad itself.

(does not seem possible without these methods so you might'd wanna stick with the fpc, ima still use slicex though despite the flaw)

Last edited:
Thanks. So. Maybe editing the file for say.. Padkontrol to follow to notes set up with my controller may theoretically work. Hm. We'll see.

i cant think of any other way than to either stick with fpc or map your thing to the same notes as one of the three choices or use c5-c6

Is there a way to program the fpc to lay the pads out to receive midi cc info from C1 going up? Cause that's what the pads are sending. Ableton and Reason both handle this flawlessly with the drum rack and kong.

Is there a way to program the fpc to lay the pads out to receive midi cc info from C1 going up? Cause that's what the pads are sending. Ableton and Reason both handle this flawlessly with the drum rack and kong.

You just have to select the notes for each pad how you want them in the properties. You can set it up blank with the notes how you want them and save it as a preset so that you can just open it with each new project without having to assign them each and every time.

Back