Man this is frusterating (My venting thread)

no but I did have to remake it. Took about 15 minutes to do and now that its done and zipped I am just waiting on paypal. thanks all for your help.

In some ways you should be worried about people stealing your sounds they are a big part of what makes you you as a producer right?

I can agree with that but I don't think a rapper would do that. They probably wouldn't think about that. I think it would only be of concern if you have a real name for yourself.

The age of the super producer is dead. Real names don't mean shit no more go get your credits if you are on an album with a little bit of momentum nationally you may be on the track before or after your favorite producer in a few years. Besides you never know what the future holds. You may sell a beat tomorrow with stems and then in 5 years be famous and huge and now u got a Nicro kit floating around the net with old drum kits you wish you hadn't used and have to deny on blog interviews

Haha have to deny. "No, no. I don't know where those kits came from. I mean you hear those drums? WHACK!!" Haha

that reminds me of an old gif i used to see around with newspaper clippings and random producers denying their use of Fruity Loops 5. This was photoshopped of course but at the time it was hilarious because using FL still got you dissed hard

Always stem your beats that you put on SoundClick.
I thought I had actually. I had a Sonar session which went corrupt that had the stems in it. Again this beat is from 2005/2006 lol. Either way all is well that ends well I found the record around town and remade the beat. Hows Kontakt working out for you? And why didn't you try Kontakt player years ago

I thought I had actually. I had a Sonar session which went corrupt that had the stems in it. Again this beat is from 2005/2006 lol. Either way all is well that ends well I found the record around town and remade the beat. Hows Kontakt working out for you? And why didn't you try Kontakt player years ago

Man your gonna hate to hear this, but I think the Kontakt sounds are fresher than Reasons by a little bit. Really realistic. I wish i would have bought the Komplete bundle now that I look at it. Im gonna see if i can transfer the serial so i can sell this on eBay, and buy that komplete, its a hella savings.

Ya sorry to here that similar thing happened to me i sold a Exclusive but lost the tracked out version and the sample. I ended up giving the artist a deal so that he would still do business with me in th future. always make back ups of all your work because you never know who might buy it. Hell I went and bought 3 terabytes i will never run out of space again or loose any projects.

R.E.A.L- Remeber Everyone Ain't Loyal
www.captainbeats.com beats for sale online

Ya sorry to here that similar thing happened to me i sold a Exclusive but lost the tracked out version and the sample. I ended up giving the artist a deal so that he would still do business with me in th future. always make back ups of all your work because you never know who might buy it. Hell I went and bought 3 terabytes i will never run out of space again or loose any projects.

R.E.A.L- Remeber Everyone Ain't Loyal
www.captainbeats.com beats for sale online

Unless the 3 terabyte hdd crashes or malfunctions.

Man your gonna hate to hear this, but I think the Kontakt sounds are fresher than Reasons by a little bit. Really realistic. I wish i would have bought the Komplete bundle now that I look at it. Im gonna see if i can transfer the serial so i can sell this on eBay, and buy that komplete, its a hella savings.

I'm not mad kontakt is ill. Its the best software sampler/Rompler around. I was surprised u didn't already know about it or kontakt player and I've considered more than once jumping ship and going with komplete maschine and pro tools on a mac book pro. The only reason I don't is I dislike composing in most Daws. I like Reason but mostly use it kuz I know it so well. The sounds in refills can be made great also kontakt is great out the box

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

Unless the 3 terabyte hdd crashes or malfunctions.
Exactly. This is another reason why I am Pro hard copies. Records don't crash computers do. Records don't go corrupt randomly computers do. Take care of your records and its been proven that they will stand the test of time. Think about it these records are 40-50 years old plus. I trust them more than any cd or mp3. Anyway I remembered the artist which really saved me then I just had to find the sample which a search of her name helped me find. Then took a listen to itunes previews and found the song just couldn't find it for download or on youtube or any blogs.

this is a really good lesson. i always forget to write that stuff down and it always sucks afterwards.

this is a really good lesson. i always forget to write that stuff down and it always sucks afterwards.

I saved myself by naming the rex file in the Reason session after the sample.

---------- Post added 06-02-2011 at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was 06-01-2011 at 10:42 AM ----------

The transaction is now complete and I sent over the stems the name of the sample is Melissa Manchester- You Can Make It All Come True here is a song I leased a year ago over this beat. Warning its not soul/jazz/funk

Damn homie, I feel your pain. I've been thru so many computers and lost so much work it's ridiculous. Most of it has been backed up but I know how it is when you open a beat file and it's just a skeleton and the sample or sounds or vsts or whatever are missing.

One practice I've started is once I'm done with the track, and satisfied with how it sounds for the most part is that I export all tracks separately, label them what each track is and put them in their own folder. I will also export a MIDI file of the track and put it in that same folder. While this doesn't give me as much freedom to change things in the mix, it gives me everything I need to be able to mix it better or add to. It would also be wise to throw the original song sampled in that same folder as well.

Back