Logic Sampling Help

Hey guys, I've been producing for a little over 2 years and I have just recently been interested in sampling a song. I use Logic X as my DAW and I know they have a tool where you can slice it automatically, but I have an issue. I want my samples to be longer so I don't have to press multiple keys for 2 words. Does anybody know how I can do this?

Well.. don't slice automatically. I use logic pro 9, just put the song in use the scissor tool and chop desired slices then time stretch it so all chops have equal length or don't if you want that choppy old school vibe. No automatic slice option will do it better than your own manual labor work.

Well.. don't slice automatically. I use logic pro 9, just put the song in use the scissor tool and chop desired slices then time stretch it so all chops have equal length or don't if you want that choppy old school vibe. No automatic slice option will do it better than your own manual labor work.

Okay thanks I'll try that out. Do I have to edit any settings in the sampler (exs24) after I chop what I want to use?

I use the method Just describes in his video. Unfortunately, the EXS and Logic brains do not "chop" the way you and I expect an MPC to just chop up samples...

I was hoping they'd add better functionality in X, but since they have not, I have not upgraded!

Back