Lamelib-converting vinyl to mp3

<-fLu-K

i jus got a usb turntable n wat not but it says i need lamelib to convert the files into mp3. i went on the net n tried downloading lamelib but idk wat im doin =[. so if anyone could help me out it would be o so appreciated!!!! i have a mac os x.

also!!!! if anyone would wanna hook me up wit a drum kit that would be cool too!!! ^.^

They may be more costly on your hard drive space, but you'll really want to use WAV files over Mp3. Mp3 is a lossy format, meaning the data is compressed then decrompressed leaving a representation of what the audio is supposed to sound like rather than what the audio ACTUALLY sounds like. At higher volumes, you'll notice a difference (and don't you want that s hit loud?!).

What program are you recording into?

im usin logic pro
ok so now it says the wav wont go into the program... n can i make jus one wav instead of a million lil ones?
mmm th table cost $180 but its ill

hmmm. ive been lookin into one but the record collection is very limited so would be pointless til i found a source of many records. i see dude paid 180, and sevn said they usually lower, is the more expensive one going to do more? have any better quality or options? or is it just brand and design?

i use a program called switch that is free open source download...it works fine.

I got a USB turntable at urban outfitters.........LOLZ for about a 100...it works ok but I kinda wish I splurged a little and got something I could scratch on.

the wav wont transfer to logic though...

yea its coo. it has a handy dandy cover so it wont ruin. the dude at the store said u need dj tables if u wanna scratch bcuz the needle will break

Back