Just Blaze samples

Gee-Whiz said:
Walk on by - Isaac Hayes (Live) PSA (remix) by Jay - Z

where can i find that?? turns out i flipped that sample WAAAYYYY before i knew about that.

nick07 said:
where can i find that?? turns out i flipped that sample WAAAYYYY before i knew about that.

just search ********....slightly different lyrics...and a verse from the last freestyle he did on Rap City.

And i think EVERYONE flipped that sample....it has another name, "the look of love" i think.

if you can't find it, just email me (truthallday@gmail.com) and i'll send it to you.

PRO_METH said:
i kno another one for the building list.

Curtis Mayfield - Move on Up
Kanye West - Touch the Sky

JustBlaze Didn't Produced That Kanye Did

Yeah that was JB. Even though it sounds like a classic kanye beat, with looping and all that. And I wonder how much JB got payed for that beat, Kanye could have done that himself in like 5 minutes.

orjanbeats said:
Yeah that was JB. Even though it sounds like a classic kanye beat, with looping and all that. And I wonder how much JB got payed for that beat, Kanye could have done that himself in like 5 minutes.
Yeah. Just Blaze really hit it with that one. I read somewhere that the album version is directly from the Blaze's mpc (naturally, raps added). Actually, if you listen carefully, it really sounds different from the other tracks on Late Registration.

syxx said:
Just Blaze did Touch the Sky?? I thought Kanye did it.
yea just did it. it's the only track on late registration by someone other than kanye or jon brion.

Last edited by a moderator:
yea for real...some people just wanna know where the song was sampled from, not to bite off of another producer....i got a question tho....I listened to that curtis mayfield song that was sampled for TOUCH THE SKY, how'd Blaze get it to sound so different from the sample itself??? thanks for any help

noequalrecords said:
I listened to that curtis mayfield song that was sampled for TOUCH THE SKY, how'd Blaze get it to sound so different from the sample itself??? thanks for any help
It's pitched down, and "probably" EQ:d and compressed.

there is nothign wrong with wanting to get out and find what so and so used to make a track, but honestly you need to get out there and dig. Like somebody mentioend billy paul. I stumbled on a few of his records a while ago, didn't even know who sampled him, but yet found some dope samples to flip. But there is a lotta biting going on these days, nobody wants to pay dues anymore, they just wanna get on. If you come up that fast you will fall just as fast.

eccentric1 said:
stop "biting" blaze's work and if you really like blaze you would just support his album.......man i see why people were fighting to "not have" music out of schools cause ya'll was gonna start copycattin' up ya asssss/ets and raping the music while it's still fresh in another listeners ear.... just go cop the album or buy some records ...take a trip get outside ....and when you get in the game don't buy any music mags they all gonna say "ya sh*t is wack" cause it sounded like a cd they heard before

u a hater bro 4 real get it 2gether u must suck thats y u hatin huh

Back