Just Blaze

Scratch n Beat

Yo, I know most people ask about a producer's drums, but I'm curious to where does Just Blaze always find these instruments that always stretch out for so long, and how do they always go so seamlessly (sp?) from one note to the next?

i dont really understand the question, but ill have a go:

some samplers have a loop function, that means that u can select a "loop point" of the sample. then, if u press the key, the sample starts as normal, but if u hold it down, it repeats a certain part of the sound then u let go & the rest of the sound plays

Theirs a function in the MPC dat Just uses as well as in the Fantom that will let u pick different loop points within a sample and it will give u dat. He has mastered that sh** perfectly. I can do it, but not on dat level.

i've always wondered the same thing. when i try to loop something like that it never comes out as clean as his. thanks for the post homie!!

Do you mean when the sample loop changes it sounds seamless? For me, I take off all my instruments and solo my hats and sample, so I can hear it, if it matches the tempo of the hats, and the samples go from one to another pretty seamlessly them it'll sound perfect with other instruments.

something I learned to realize is that big name producers don't have their stuff synced up perfect all the time either. But having a rapper and other instruments can really divert someone's attention away to the point where almost no one could pick it out.

^ yo, that was a good point about their stuff probably isn't perfect, but having a rapper and ish probably does divert attention.

crackpanther said:
Do you mean when the sample loop changes it sounds seamless? For me, I take off all my instruments and solo my hats and sample, so I can hear it, if it matches the tempo of the hats, and the samples go from one to another pretty seamlessly them it'll sound perfect with other instruments.

something I learned to realize is that big name producers don't have their stuff synced up perfect all the time either. But having a rapper and other instruments can really divert someone's attention away to the point where almost no one could pick it out.

I second that, but I'm an @$$. It won't leave the MP if it's not the way I like it. Another way to get over an off beat sample is to swing the timing of the drums to wear they hit a little later than 1/16 not or whatever. This also brings a more authentic and less computer taught feel to your music, but keeps it in time.

Whiz

datruth2836
Registered User Join Date: Jul 2006

Theirs a function in the MPC dat Just uses as well as in the Fantom that will let u pick different loop points within a sample and it will give u dat.

The part he use in the MPC2000xl, or 4000 is called "THE ZONE". With this tool just like recycle, you can have an 8 bar loop and pick out 16 zone parts within that 8 bar loop and make another loop. That's how he gets that done. Peace hope that helped

I know what you are talking about, but can you name a few songs that he does this in so I can peep them out and pay attention to them.

syxx said:
I know what you are talking about, but can you name a few songs that he does this in so I can peep them out and pay attention to them.

Cam'ron - The Roc (Just Fire)

Its #13 on cam's come home with me

datruth2836 said:
Theirs a function in the MPC dat Just uses as well as in the Fantom that will let u pick different loop points within a sample and it will give u dat. He has mastered that sh** perfectly. I can do it, but not on dat level.

what is the function on the mpc

word...he doesnt quantize his drums...that might have sumthin to so with it...he uses individual instruments...but most of the time his drums are drum loops...so that might have sumthin to do with it...because in the mpc when you hit the pad...the loop plays out until you hit the pad again then it starts over...just like and individual instrument...

Scratch n Beat said:
Cam'ron - The Roc (Just Fire)

Its #13 on cam's come home with me

Whoa.... Are you serious because this beat sounds like a basic loop.... Have you heard the original song...?

i don't know where someone could. "Tilsley Orchestra" or something. Thats the thing, chopping to where u don't know if its a loop or not.

He is talking about the looping function. You can do it in all the MPC's(very hard) and in all rack samplers. You take a bass or synth note and you find a part where the amplitude is about the same. You loop that part, so the sample plays from the start point and loops over and over at the point you specified, and when you release the key it goes to the regular fade point. Just Deff sounds like he does this. On some of his notes. This is not hard to do in the 4k as it has the full sampler onboard and maybe a reason why this is his weapon on choice. These are some of the more advanced sampleing techiques that most people don't take advantage off. You can do this in the other MPC's but the phase sampler kind of struggles at this.

well what is that function how do u create a looppoint...please tell me!!!.
datruth2836 said:
Theirs a function in the MPC dat Just uses as well

as in the Fantom that will let u pick different loop points within a sample and it will give u dat. He has mastered that sh** perfectly. I can do it, but not on dat level.[/quote

its just in the regual sampleing function in a MPC, just like you use on a bass multi that you want to continue for as long as you hold down the note.

Back