I live in a studio With 3000+ records Where do i start?

I literaly moved in To my mans Studio In Pittsburgh I been Makin BEats For about 7 Years But never have i had acess to this many records Theres literaly Like 3 Walls FIlled If you wanna See pics of the studio GO here.

Idlabsmusic.com

and if u dont beleive that whut im sayins True Look on The Artists Im on top Of the list For local artist.

Charlee_Hess said:
you can start by sending me some of those joints. i go through records fast. so i need alot to work with at a time.

DITTO!!! Since you sending some to Hess you can drop a couple off at my crib since we're both in NC. That'll make it easy for you. (lol!!!!!)

Seriously though if I had instant access to that much vinyl at once I would take a whole month of no beatmaking and start listening and chopping. Vocal loops, Drum Loops, One hits, etc........ After that month of chopping I would start making beats then. This is what I usually do when I get a lump sum of records at once. The most I get is 30-40 though. Happy digging and chopping!!:cheers:

you can send me some of the records, and I'll help chop them for you.

Naw, just start from the top sdhelf pick everything you like.

im in the same position as you bro...the sh!t seems crazy overwhelming.

I've always bought records. Period. so when i find em for cheap (or even reasonable)...SOLD. Anyway, over the years of picking up records online, through friends, hitting thrift stores weekly...i estimate about 3 to 5 thousand units in my crib...most f*cked up thing is I still buy them sh!ts non stop. someday i'll quit my job on some fraudulant stress leave sh!t and just lounge at home sampling all day.

but for real, when i think about it...its insane. i read a prince paul interview and he talked about the same thing (only difference is i think he has upward of 50 thousand)...anyway he mentions how he has too many records and wont be able to listen to them all in his lifetime, yet alone sample, etc.

just take it day by day, one record at a time...otherwise its way too intimidating.

nice site btw...and i know i got some old strict flow records in my collection (people on lock?).

anyway, best of luck with it.

ONE

Ha yea Thats The owners Old group at one time they were Huge,

E dan,And Chad Glick Were the 2 producers in the Group Seid And mesiah Were the mcs.Im Jus an Upcomin Producer Folowing In There Footsteps Learning Whut i can From E dan THe studio Owner,Hes Super Crazy On the Beats peep. www.myspace.com/idlabs

Do what I do when going to a record store:

find a bin that grabs your attention and start browsing. It doesn't matter what about it grabs your attention. Maybe its your favorite color or maybe theres a weird sheet of paper sticking up from it. If something grabs your attention about it, start there.

You work at IDLABS?

How do fam? i'm from the burgh born and raised. ID Labs is a beautiful studio. i've done some recording there. Chad, Huggy and E-Dan are some ill cats man, . . .yo, you should really just look at them when they make beats. Or just start doing a beat and ask them questions when you have 'em. Don't be afraid to ask them questions man. i really think Pittsburgh has THE MOST slept on producers.

Back