How to sample vocals

D

damu22

hello all, for all you master samplers out there, how do you sample a song if you really just want the vocals, how do you minimize/filter out the instruments in the song. Or would i just need to find the acapella. Gracias

SORRY, but you sound like you want to take the instruments out of the tracka nd leave the vocals alone.

well, first off it's impossibe to clearing get the instrumets out of a track.

but you can try to eq out as much of want you don't want, but not try to eq out the middles freqs of the vocals. alot of filtering will do too.

yea i figured i couldnt take the instruments out but at least minimize it as much as possible. So leave the mid's, what spectrum can you guess, from like 1000-5000 hz???? thanks by the way

there's no set way to do this. It depends on what else is with the vocals. I mean, if its vocals and a bassline then a high-pass filter will probably do the trick. think about it logically, there's really only so much you can do.

Jenre said:
there's no set way to do this. It depends on what else is with the vocals. I mean, if its vocals and a bassline then a high-pass filter will probably do the trick. think about it logically, there's really only so much you can do.
I have a few secret tricks that I use to minimize vocals as much as possible, (or music) ;)
Listen to this beat of mine called "WHY?" on my acidplanet page. You'll hear the section of the song I sampled and then my beat. FYI I used the same part from the chorus for the verse :) You may even hear the vocals faintly during the verse. :D

Last edited:
So Foolish said:
I have a few secret tricks that I use to minimize vocals as much as possible, (or music) ;)
Listen to this beat of mine called "WHY?" on my acidplanet page. You'll hear the section of the song I sampled and then my beat. FYI I used the same part from the chorus for the verse :) You may even hear the vocals faintly during the verse.

and......what secrets would these be?:D

lol it's called Pro Tewls. And no I didnt use it. I used this:

124a935.jpg

Only thing is, it's 4 dvds, and it took forever to install :mad:

Last edited:
I actually want the vocal. I just wanted to know if there was a trick to minimizing the instrumentals. I understand that it all depends on how the song is mixed, where the vocals are placed, what instruments are playing during the vocal part you want to sample. It is impossible but i know there's a little way of doing it, hopefully when i play a over the sample it will minimize the other instruments playing. (crossing fingers). thanks tho every1

try getting the Acapella instead.

If not try phase reversing the track, then keep the side chain(difference) and ditch the rest then eq it.

Back