how to sample in fl studio 6...(help)

$

$...Phaze...$

ive only been making beats for a couple months and i dont know how to sample using fl studio 6....can someone teach me the easiest way....thanks...

heres one of my beats: http://www.******.net/audio/killa-beat-edit-mp3.html

replace the *** with Z*s*h*a*r*e

take out the ***

Last edited by a moderator:
i wish the new FL 7 will make it more easier to sample. it's really kinda a tedious process if you're not familiar with Fruity loops and the learning curve is a bit much. of course, they are probably a ton of FL users that will disagree with me but i found sampling in acid (chopper tool) WAY much easier and i didn't have to look at the manual or a tutorial.

Damn that ****s easy.... Maybe i do it wrong??!!

But cut out a loop on an audio program and drag it into a fl channel ..
then clone it...With the second channel You can play a loop like that on the piano roll in different notes. And it wont overlap

or

right click on a channel... select fruity slicer to insert the chopper into a channel
Drag a 30-40 second or less audio file loop or sliced segmant from an audio editor into that channel... Now u can chop.

U can select the
chops to play to the end or play the single chops

Last edited by a moderator:
Mako said:
i wish the new FL 7 will make it more easier to sample. it's really kinda a tedious process if you're not familiar with Fruity loops and the learning curve is a bit much. of course, they are probably a ton of FL users that will disagree with me but i found sampling in acid (chopper tool) WAY much easier and i didn't have to look at the manual or a tutorial.

co-sign! the edison thing is not that user friendly in fl 7 and it won't export the chops right when layering sampled songs...drumloops yeah, songs no! can you even change the pitch or tempo in edison like you can in acid???

i sample a little similar to TINY but i also find it easier to chop a sample in recycle then flip in fruity loops with a slight pitch shift up/down to give me the feel i'm looking for or just play around with the notes till i find what i like

Yo Phase...

1st the file has to be supported by FL. But there are several ways...you can save the chopped or whole song for that matter, into your BROWSER under PROJECTS...from there you can drag it to the bottom portion of your PLAYLIST. Another way is to go to your BROWSER and under CHANNEL PRESETS, add one of the SAMPLERS to any channel on your STEP SEQUENCER....once you open up your CHANNEL SETTING, the sample will appear at the bottom. From there you right click and save it in wave format...then you can chop it in the WAVE EDITOR.

Doesnt get much easier than loading samples in FL Studio.

You add a Sampler Channel to the Step Sequencer and then Load Sample. Hmm that was rather easy. If it is a loop, right click on Resample and choose length the sample should play.

Or to be even easier, they created this magical plug in called FPC. Chop your sample up, open the Windows Explorer folder to which your chops are saved and simply drag and drop them onto the 16 pads of the FPC. From there make your settings in the FPC such as cut itself or cut by, or to get all types of crazy adjust the envelope settings to play with your attacks/decays etc. This plug in is almost too easy to use, one trick is to adjust the pitch of the FPC and match your chops to your projects tempo (live time stretching).
The FPC is a magical plug in if you are rocking th Akai MPD24, trust me. Works great with the MPD16 too, dont get me wrong, but the 24 is the ill **** when matched with the FPC.

Any further questions?

Mako said:

If you need an easier learning curve than THAT.....:bigeyes:

Back