How to re-loop a sample correctly

matthewm77

I have a drum loop that is 16 bars long. The loop begins with a cymbal crash, I don't want the crash happening every time the sample reaches its end. How do I slice it properly so that it is the drums without the crash? Thanks.

You might be able to cut the cymbal out and replace it......be sure to take note of the length you are cutting out so that you only need to find the right starting position of the replacement audio, try to cut at the zero crossing point (that's where the audio intersects the center line) to avoid pops and clicks.

You might be able to cut the cymbal out and replace it......be sure to take note of the length you are cutting out so that you only need to find the right starting position of the replacement audio, try to cut at the zero crossing point (that's where the audio intersects the center line) to avoid pops and clicks.
I put it into Edison (which is the sample editor in FL Studio) and zoomed in and sliced it where the audio seemed to level out. I put it on the playlist and put the sample with the crashes first and then made them line up so the second half would pick up where the original sample left off. The problem I have now is that when the second sample ends and I try to reloop it, it messes up and it obvious that they are not properly looping. I don't know how to make them seamlessly loop.

Last edited:
Just cut it in to smaller bars and use what bars you want when you want.
Now the sample is out of time with the bassline and I'm assuming it will be for every other instrument I add, wtf, I am listening to a song that used one of the other drum loops from this pack exactly and I have no idea how he made everything work together :(

I have a drum loop that is 16 bars long. The loop begins with a cymbal crash, I don't want the crash happening every time the sample reaches its end. How do I slice it properly so that it is the drums without the crash? Thanks.
You can't just cut the crash out because then your sample will be some odd length (15 1/2 bars or something) and not loop properly. The easiest solution is likely to use only the 2nd half of the sample, ie. loop the last 8 bars. Often music comes in 4,8 or 16 bar sort of chunks, so looping 8 bars is much more likely to fit in with the bass-line than looping 15 bars.

Last edited:
I put it into Edison (which is the sample editor in FL Studio) and zoomed in and sliced it where the audio seemed to level out. I put it on the playlist and put the sample with the crashes first and then made them line up so the second half would pick up where the original sample left off. The problem I have now is that when the second sample ends and I try to reloop it, it messes up and it obvious that they are not properly looping. I don't know how to make them seamlessly loop.

Did you replace the cymbal or simply cut it out leaving the loop short? like if you remove 629 ms you should replace those 629 ms and the overall length of the loop should remain exactly the same.

Back