How to get Sample ON-Beat? Slicex

-/-

I have a 4-bar loop for some reason even tho it sounds good when I loop in in Slicex, when I import it out its off very slighty and its bugging the hell out of me. I've never really sampled Im more of a composer so any help would be great. The bpm is set to a tempo where the drums sit on que with the sample, but it cutoffs a little early rather then looping smoothly. If i switch it up in any way it screws up the timing even worse and the on-beat to the next part of the song Im sampling begins.
tl;dr, im a sampling noob

Last edited:
Length and tempo go hand in hand, for example a 1 bar loop at 120 BPM can only be exactly 2 seconds long, if it's longer or shorter it ceases to be 120 BPM and if you try to shoehorn the wrong tempo into the wrong length you will end up with skewing towards the back end of the sample, in other words the beats won't line up......however that's not the only thing to watch out for because sometimes the timing of the source material can be less than perfect.

One mistake a lot of people make is they try to edit a loop by constantly adjusting their only point of reference around (the loop markers) for me it's simple, if my 1 bar loop is 95 BPM I simply place the markers 2.526 sec apart and I am done.

See the wierd thing is I'm sampling a modern song...SO there shouldn't be any discrepancy between the bpm of the original and getting the bpm down in my DAW. Tempo detector isnt doing the best job of this either

You can use tap tempo to determine the BPM, however it is set up to be more foolproof than accurate so if you have half a brain I would recommend using a stopwatch and this formula 60 / seconds x beats = BPM.

Back