How do you sample ?

• Thread starter newyorkstate718
  • Start date
what i dont understand about sampling issss.. wen u go to cut the sample how is it you are supposed to get the sample to follow the tempo u want?????

Vinyl, it's just more fun to me to manually go through a record searching for samples, plus I tend to analyze the music I'm listening to- like this Marvellet's record that had a sick arrangement.... I learn a lot from those records... But I will use MP3's if say an artist wants me to sample a certain song, and I don't have the record.....yet. So occasionally MP3 but generally Vinyl....

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

Time it as you're sampling- like catch just enough to fit what you need....
Trim it....
Stretch/Pitch it to match...
Chop it up and use the pieces in tempo...
Change the tempo of the other stuff to match the sample....

Any of those should work

soooo pretty much its always going to be by ear ??

cuz thats how i do pretty much .. but i use logic and its a bit more difficult.. i gotta tap tempo thennn play the metronome and get it like rightttt on point.. and its weird on logic cuz even wen u find the tempo theres no way to change the tempo and make the sample move with the tempo.. i always gotta change the pitch before hand.. which speeds the sample up thennn find the tempo of the changed pitched one.. haha if that makes sense?

@dresta my dude, you can time stretch in logic! Just set the tempo in your project, (cmd + click + drag) the audio clip, bam! You should also look up tutorials on the very nice time an pitch machine in logic

vinyl. When i first started i used to use a sound capture program and recorded from rhapsody, but know it's all vinyl

I Use Both! Cant Always Crate Dig & Records Are Available Online. If The Cash Is Low, Its Plenty Blogs Filled With Their Own Digs Ripped For FREE! Same Vinyl Sound Had You Ripped Your Own To FL Or Reason To Chop.

I dont have a record store near me and I am broke all the time anyways, so I just sample of MP3/WAV :D

Back