Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GodParticle

Thread: How do you get your samples to fit the pattern sequencer? (FL STUDIO)

umirinbrah is offline Registered User
    Thanks

How do you get your samples to fit the pattern sequencer? (FL STUDIO)

Sign in to disable this ad
    If anything is unclear or whatever let me know, gonna try explain it the best i can

OK, so I just chopped up a song in edison of the parts I wanna use...

It looks like this in slicex

ZQkqR.png

So then it automatically goes into the pattern thing, and then when I put chop 1 and 2 together, in the playlist thing it looks like this

XYaI8.png

So when I try fit a few other chops together in different patterns and put it together to form a complete song, it becomes messed up because the chops don't end on the second (red line) if you know what I mean? How would I be able to make the chops easily just fit bang on to each second

V89Jh.png

JC_Biffro is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Time Stretch?
    Want to know which VST presets your favourite producers are using? Dip your toe in these YT beauties http://goo.gl/3OzEMF

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JC_Biffro View Post
    Time Stretch?
    Ah, that could be it, I'll have to look up on how to do that later..

Thanks

---------- Post added 10-08-2012 at 06:44 AM ---------- Previous post was 10-07-2012 at 01:35 AM ----------

I went back to edison, saved each individual chop/sample so it would be in the playlist. Then I moved each chop to an indvidiual track number in the track sequencer, time stretched the different chops, but they all play at different pitches and I don't know how to make them all the same pitch :/, when I repitch them it sounds messed up.

And I kinda wanted to time stretch the markers from slicex instead of using the audio samples from eidson but don't know how :/ jeez why am I finding this so confusing!

GodParticle is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    So basically your chops aren't as long as you want? Then take longer chops, adjust the tempo to one that works, or just play your chops different. Nothing crazy going on here.
    likes this.

BeatGenerals is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GodParticle View Post
    So basically your chops aren't as long as you want? Then take longer chops, adjust the tempo to one that works, or just play your chops different. Nothing crazy going on here.
    Right and when you timestretch make sure you select tonal instead of Resample to keep your original pitch.

High Quality FL Studio Tutorials

http://www.beatgenerals.com

Luboooo is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by umirinbrah View Post

I went back to edison, saved each individual chop/sample so it would be in the playlist. Then I moved each chop to an indvidiual track number in the track sequencer, time stretched the different chops, but they all play at different pitches and I don't know how to make them all the same pitch :/, when I repitch them it sounds messed up.
    /right click/ > /reset/ on the pitch knob in the channel settings doesn't work?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BeatGenerals View Post
    Right and when you timestretch make sure you select tonal instead of Resample to keep your original pitch.
    you my friend are a mother fukin genuis, I owe you my life!!!

Thank you so much, god this has been pissin me off

jonnyford is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    The fruity slicer is the best thing to use when sampling on fruity loops in my opinion

Sun Ka Productions is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    I take a sample and open it in Edison..chop it up ..then right click on a pattern and insert the fruity slicer. I then drag the sample from the edison to the fruity slicer.Then I usually mess around with it and get it to loop properly by adjusting the timestrech and the tempo..After its looped properly I'll start adding some hats..and kicks and snares..adjust my swing to about 9(if there are drums and about 21 if there are no drums in the sample) I get a 2 to 4 bar sequence going and build from there..now when I have to add another chop from the edison I must take the tempo back up to 140bm(on Fl 9) and 130(on fl10) and then drag the chop to another fruity slicer pattern and then I take it back down to the tempo that the first chop was looping right on. Mess around with the timestrech and get it looping properly..Then add it to the arrangement..And I do the same for all the other chops from Edison
    Last edited by Sun Ka Productions; 12-23-2012 at 10:58 PM.

Thread Information