How do you buy your hip-hop albums? Vinyl, cd, c-casette or digital?

Vinyl, CD, C-Casette or Digital

• Vinyl

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • CD

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • C-Casette

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Digital

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

pumppuhaulikkomies

Crate Digger
Besides regular sample diggin, I'm interested how people buy their hip-hop albums. C-Casette is making a comeback (atleast where im from). Vinyl has been IN for a while now too, but it's the most expensive format also. CD seem to be dying format because of the digital music online. Digital music is easy to buy and cheap but you cant get the actual physical copy on your hands.

i personally had a huge cd collection back in the day. for some reason i just started selling them and lost the rest. these days i buy my hiphop on vinyl. its a lot more expensive but maybe that's one more reason to take better care and not lose them. gotta keep them in their plastic sleeves also, lol. AND, it looks good to have more vinyl on my crates.

Last edited:
i used to buy CD's because i never had a turntable :( nowadays i rarely buy anything, i download it in lossless quality from a pretty good source (it's legal in switzerland). But when i find a good underground artist with great music i try to cantact him directly to buy his music. just to make sure the whole money goes into his pocket.

I buy vinyl as that's what I mostly listen to. I also dj occasionally (vinyl only) so it's better to have it on wax eventhough I mostly spin soul, funk, jazz-funk and disco. But I don't buy huge amounts of hip hop these days, usually end up ordering online like once or twice a year and buy some second hand older stuff from discogs. I really need a copy of that Trophies by the way!

Now that I think of it, I do buy some releases from the local record shop too. But they rarely got what I want and if they order a copy it often would cost a lot more than when buying it online combined with other releases.

Last edited:
i have never bought anything in digital format. well maybe some random songs that weren't anywhere else... but full albums, no. i always need the physical copy

Back