How did Kanye make the last call beat exactly?

Dariel!

Like I really dont understand how he got the sample to sound like that.

The original sample says "Mr.Rockefeller"

But Kanyes samples say something else.

Can anyone explain how he flipped it to me?

The power of misdirection. What you hear is the original person saying mr. Rockefeller but he is saying "here's to Rocafella" over the top. It tricks your ear into thinking she's saying the same thing. See also Slum Village-player. The sample is really saying "Claire." Admire the geniuses at work. Peace.

This thing is really on rage i guess..
hope everything gets all right real soon.

It was all replayed because the sample couldn't be cleared. It was originally for Jay-Z

Go to 4:30

Thanks y'all. So pretty much the whole thing is interpolated, which make a lot of sense.

But why is Kanye listed as producer of the song if Evidence made the beat?

Thanks y'all. So pretty much the whole thing is interpolated, which make a lot of sense.

But why is Kanye listed as producer of the song if Evidence made the beat?

Because Evidence made the version with the sample. He didn't make the one that Kanye used. And Kanye got all the session musicians to interpolate the song. He produced it. Making a beat and producing aren't really the same thing. But Evidence didn't sound mad, he probably got paid.

Last edited:
Because Evidence made the version with the sample. He didn't make the one that Kanye used. And Kanye got all the session musicians to interpolate the song. He produced it. Making a beat and producing aren't really the same thing. But Evidence didn't sound mad, he probably got paid.
Definitely. That makes sense man.

Back