How da hell do you sample in FL Studio

D

DatBoyCharmN

well see i jus started tryna make beats for real n **** but my boi bin makin em forever n i always asked him how to sample in FL Studio n **** but he never told me n now hes moved so im on my own.......ive gotten tha hand kinda of makin beats but i just cant seem to figure out how to sample..........I read da THE DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO SAMPLING IN FL STUDIO 5/6 posted by OFF and i dont seem to get that s**t i bin tryin it for like 2 hours now n its pissin me da hell off so if OFF or nebody else who figured it oculd explain dat wud be helpful thank u

lmao @ people being pissed off because they can't make beats after 2 hours...

You should consider yourself lucky if you can achieve what you want to achieve (making "HOT FIRE CRACK" beats and whatnot, that is) whitin 6 months or less.

nenapel said:
You should consider yourself lucky if you can achieve what you want to achieve (making "HOT FIRE CRACK" beats and whatnot, that is) whitin 6 months or less.

fa real, if u pissed now, after 2 hours, maybe u should just give up, cause youll get more upset when things dont work the way you want them to work or if you dont know how to do something, when i was learning fl i never got pissed, but annoyed....if ur gonna sample, def start with the wave traveller, and then assign each sample to different keys on ur controller if u have one

xtrordinare said:
fa real, if u pissed now, after 2 hours, maybe u should just give up, cause youll get more upset when things dont work the way you want them to work or if you dont know how to do something, when i was learning fl i never got pissed, but annoyed....if ur gonna sample, def start with the wave traveller, and then assign each sample to different keys on ur controller if u have one

maan i aint mean it like dat im sayin this one thing i was tryin to figure out was pissin me off but is all good now i got over it

Man its gonna take you a while to make dope sampled beats, took me a while, just start with looping, then go on to chopping your ****. In August it'll have been a year, so it takes time.

I tried to sample in FL...but this was after I mastered sampling in Cool Edit...

thats what I suggest...I never sample in FL..thats just a personal preference of mine though...

the easy way to do it...load the song that you want to sample in Cool Edit or Soundforge or Adobe Audition...assuming that you have one of those of course..

chop the song into the different sample pieces that you want...save it into a folder that you'll remember..then when you got to FL...load the sample into a channel...

go to piano roll to mess around with the pitch and all that good stuff...and for future reference I suggest you go back to the channl and right click on it...click on cut itself...that way if the sample is even a millisecond over the amout of bars you want...it will automatically cut it and loop to the beginning...beautiful I tell you...

hope that helps...

DatBoyCharmN said:
well see i jus started tryna make beats for real n **** but my boi bin makin em forever n i always asked him how to sample in FL Studio n **** but he never told me n now hes moved so im on my own.......ive gotten tha hand kinda of makin beats but i just cant seem to figure out how to sample..........I read da THE DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO SAMPLING IN FL STUDIO 5/6 posted by OFF and i dont seem to get that s**t i bin tryin it for like 2 hours now n its pissin me da hell off so if OFF or nebody else who figured it oculd explain dat wud be helpful thank u

Wow. Since u called me out and all in the forum i feel compelled to respond. Nobody cares if its pissing u off. As far as i kno all this bold print and agressive language isnt the best way to ask for help. But anyway . . .

There is a video i also posted, showing me using the technique to make over a beat it shud be to the last pages of the thread.

and kid u cud have pm'ed me for christ's sake.

Help is no prob but No spoon feeding

Just take the time to look thru the thread cuz the link to the vid is still in there. i had it checked. Stop whining about ur lost two hours cuz it really takes years to get good. enjoy the beginning frustrations. they are the most fun u'll have.

Jeez . . .callin my name out in bold print . . . the nerve of these kids . . . no respect . . .lol

Last edited:
Avalon said:
I tried to sample in FL...but this was after I mastered sampling in Cool Edit...

thats what I suggest...I never sample in FL..thats just a personal preference of mine though...

the easy way to do it...load the song that you want to sample in Cool Edit or Soundforge or Adobe Audition...assuming that you have one of those of course..

chop the song into the different sample pieces that you want...save it into a folder that you'll remember..then when you got to FL...load the sample into a channel...

go to piano roll to mess around with the pitch and all that good stuff...and for future reference I suggest you go back to the channl and right click on it...click on cut itself...that way if the sample is even a millisecond over the amout of bars you want...it will automatically cut it and loop to the beginning...beautiful I tell you...

hope that helps...

word...one question though....i'm maddd tired so u might of answered this..lol...but,
Do you save each part you sampled individually...or do u put all the parts together in CEP you sampled and save it as one big file? ( i am using CEP and FL Studio 5)

Back