How can I learn better sampling techniques?

StanleySteamer

Hey guys I use FL Studio and lately I have been wanting to be more sample orientated. Whenever I listen to some of my favorite producers I notice they tend to do certain things like speed up tempos or chop it up or change the pitch or put effects on and stuff. Basically I would like to know how I can improve some of my techniques when sampling?

Something that Canei Finch told me. . . look for chords within the sample and create new progressions.

Something that Canei Finch told me. . . look for chords within the sample and create new progressions.

Thanks for the reply bro and definitely good advice! I already know that though haha. Idk if maybe I didn't word my question good enough in the OP haha.

Hey guys I use FL Studio and lately I have been wanting to be more sample orientated. Whenever I listen to some of my favorite producers I notice they tend to do certain things like speed up tempos or chop it up or change the pitch or put effects on and stuff. Basically I would like to know how I can improve some of my techniques when sampling?

Youtube has tons of sampling videos on Fl Studio. Just type in the words FL Studio and sampling and you'll get hits like:

Fl Studio sampling - YouTube

Type in the Words "FL Studio and BoomBap" and you'll get more hits. You can also type in words like "FL Studio DJ Premier", "FL Studio 9th Wonder" etc... and you'll get videos of FL users making those type beats. They have every FL Studio remake you can imagine;Lil Wayne Waka, Ace hood etc... There's way more than just one method to improve your sampling but everyone agrees that time and patience is part of the craft . You have to practice, experiment and watch alot of videos.

Last edited:
Back