how to add scratch hook or hook to break

ellison73

Guys I Have beats but I don't have A DJ. I wanna know how do I sample a hook and place in the break of a song. For example, Jay-Z sample of Nas in Dead Presidents. How do you loop that? I have Cubase 6 that's it. Also how do you add a scratch hook to a beat. I got verses laid in my songs but I got ideas for certain scratches and hooks I want. I don't want to go in a studio and the engineer has to do it...and get charged out this world...Thanks...I know I was rambling:rolleyes:

The Dead Presidents style vocal sample use can be achieved simply by taking an accapella and treating it just like any sample.

But you need a scratch DJ to add scratches to your beats (or a DJ turntable setup and skills). It's not just some "effects" somebody can slap on a beat. It'll require skill acquired by putting long hours in to practicing scratching. Consider it playing an instrument and the instrument being the turntable.

Try asking the DJ forum here if somebody is interested in recording a scratch hook or contact some scratch DJ's elsewhere. But just like with everything else, the more skilled DJ's usually will ask for a monetary compensation for their feature. I can give you one contact with skills if you are going to pay the DJ (send a PM if so).

Back