Help creating basslines

Some good advise has been given here. To add on, I would say, keep it simple. Simple two or three note will work fine. You don't want the bass to take over your beat since you're working with samples that have their own melody already.

Some good advise has been given here. To add on, I would say, keep it simple. Simple two or three note will work fine. You don't want the bass to take over your beat since you're working with samples that have their own melody already.
depends on the kind of beat you are making with said sample. you can make a sample into whatever you want with whatever melody or lead you want. that pov is a very limited mindset,

I used to do that. Its dumb simple I took my one shot from an Ojays record. I forget the title of the album but its the one with the yellow background and the girl in the white t shirt and a megaphone (she has a great rack and features a bare titty shot in the cover btw)

Thanks X. I'm surprised I don't have that one already. I'm a big O'Jays fan. I was just curious. I have respect when people can do that and make it sound good and not like it's programmed. I think because I can't do it. :) Lately I'll play bass into Maschine sampling it and then chop the notes and play it back out, either that or just leave the live bass as is.

Thanks for the help and sorry for the randomness in the middle of the thread.

Idk why but I always say the Ojays when I mean the Ohio Players and vice versa. Anyway its not the Ojays its the Ohio Players i want to say its skin tight but i cant remember the title off top i forget album titles remember all kinds of covers

Haha. That makes more sense. I was a bit surprised the O'Jays had a titty on their album cover. That makes a lot more sense now though with the Ohio Players. I enjoy most of their album covers. The one with the chick with the rope around her neck was a bit much for me though.

sounds like it's this one

OhioPlayers_EverybodyUpTMB.jpg

Learn scales, modes, and stay away from the root of the chord being played... its cheesy, but if you do hit the root note dance around it, dont just hold on to it...

Back