Have you ever just left the sample as it is?

in the 90's you had to sample your own drums. so that was already a pretty big job for a beat.
i think Havoc had the best drums in the 90's.

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

i don't mind looping cause i still do a lot of creative stuff with the loop.

in the 90's you had to sample your own drums. so that was already a pretty big job for a beat.
i think Havoc had the best drums in the 90's.

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

i don't mind looping cause i still do a lot of creative stuff with the loop.

Too bad those were Q-Tip's drums. Lol.

you will find this happening more often then you think. A lot of times, some classics already have the vibe will, all you need to do is layer it with some 808's and its now modern.

Last edited:
Too bad those were Q-Tip's drums. Lol.

didn't Havoc make his own drums? I thought his drums where crazy?
Tribe Quest had sick drums fa sho
I actually think Havoc's beats where carried mostly cause it had good drums while Q-Tip's also had good melodies in his samples.

didn't Havoc make his own drums? I thought his drums where crazy?
Tribe Quest had sick drums fa sho
I actually think Havoc's beats where carried mostly cause it had good drums while Q-Tip's also had good melodies in his samples.

Read this, The Making of Mobb Deep's "The Infamous" | Complex, you'll see that a lot of the time Q came in and redid stuff. He "fixed" it. And thats only on stuff that Havoc admits too. Lol. Q over saw the whole project so I'm sure he was fixing alot more stuff.

Back