Fl Is The Greatest

sreejith

I've read a lot of hate messages against FL in FP I dont understand why.... I have been using FL since about an year now its the first beat making gear i've ever laid my hands on...I've never used an mpc...heck I've never seen one....but I feel FL is everything a producer/beatmaker would ever want....some cats here hate it saying its computerized and all u do is sit and click on ur mouse ...but does that really matter if what u make is fire like 9thwonder...Im not a bigshot like most people here claim to be.....no disrespect many here are talented heads....but please stop dissin one of the greatest sampling software just because u dont prefer to use it unless u have a valid reason to prove ur point...here is a beat I made on FL...I dont know nuthin about mastering and all that but I know what good music should sound like check it out and tell me one thing that I could have done better If I had made it on an mpc.....
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=647926&songID=4948041

the only way ur ish gonna sound stiff and computerized is if you dont dont know what ur doing. but i dont like FL.. it doesnt manage cpu well imo. even when i freeze plugins it chokes on me well b4 ableton does.

and.. ur beat... is ehh...

mastering dont have nothing 2 do with the beatmaking process.. just get a decent mix. ur levels are way off. just adjust the levels correctly

pretty good man. i use fl studio too. it is a pretty great program and u can make pro soundin beats if u kno how to use it. i still want a synthesizer keyboard though because i think it would make it easier for me to make good sounds. but anyways what is that sample from? i know it was used in a dynospectrum song as well as in one of kanye's songs. and is that a sax sample too? i can find a decent jazz sax sample anwhere.

cool thanks and what about that sax sample? where did u find it and where can i download some jazz sax samples?

I just listened to the beat right now, omg are you serious? That sample is played to death. And, if you wanna "hear how it could have been done better with an mpc", like you said, listen to Kanye West - Drive Slow. Kanye uses a mpc 2000

i feel u... you can make heat on Fl Studio but i dont think it has to do with the software/hardware as much as the user's skills

Last edited:
FL is gay. I don't know how i've managed to use it for 7 years already.

orjanbeats said:
I just listened to the beat right now, omg are you serious? That sample is played to death. And, if you wanna "hear how it could have been done better with an mpc", like you said, listen to Kanye West - Drive Slow. Kanye uses a mpc 2000
I heard Kanye's drive slow....the difference u hear in the level of production is the experience and not the equipment he is a pro in the game Im just a noob...besides that I love kanye's work but I dont think this track was upto his level he had a sick drum loop but he took the sax sample straight out of the sample on the other had I rearranged the sax sample into different melody ...I think I deserve some props for that:D...dont get me wrong I aint claiming to be better than kanye...

and about kanyes using mpc 2000 may be he does but how wud u explain this

Last edited:
^hahaha! where did u get that pic thats hilarious. thats tight that even pro sometimes us fl studio

Lol. They cut kanye about to shake hands wit someone, and pasted him in front of someones deesk. lol.

But yea, FL is a great program, and u can do many things with it, u just gotta know how to use it.

lol...I came across that pic in some production website about a few months ago and saved it on my hard drive I knew I would need that someday lol...

I didn't say it was because you used FL. but you said "how could this have been done better using a mpc". I didn't say that it was better _because_ kanye uses an mpc, but nonetheless it was made using an mpc and it was better. and that kanye/FL pic is a photoshop, lol. it's real that he sits in front of a computer, but the FL screenshot is pasted in. the guy who made it even said it himself, haha

Last edited:
Actually, it's not the equipment that makes the music sounds good but it's the user itself, the creativity, and how you master your own sh1+...

im sorry ...dats not a real pic its me wearing a kanye mask I got from a Hip hop convention in Bombay....lol

Last edited:
I think the beat is cool...but those strange perc your using is crap to me I thin that's to exprimental for my taste ..why don't you use hi hats it sounds much better .

Back