finding sounds

i'll chop anything i can get my hands on... whether it be vinyl, CD's, MP3's, etc... but i too prefer vinyl, gotta get ya fingers dusty!

i bought a bunch of sound cds when I was beginning... so I picked a few good ones out of there...

and use a bunch of VSTs...or samples... normally it's a sample though

I'm far from a purist,but nothing beats vinyl!!!
You can go to trift store and buy wax 1$ a pop.This place I go to has sleeveless 45's at 0,10$ each and I found great stuff like War,some Guess Who and other obscure ish.
This is my foundation,but I'll get samples from anywhere if it's the tv,cd's or mp3's.
But man,diggin is fun especially when you find a cheap records with a bunch of samples on it!!

Mostly vinyl, although i have sampled from movies, and even ran some cables from my television to sample something that was on tv

beatmaker13 said:
what if you broke (like me) and need free stuff

It takes money to make money...

Can you bake a cake w/ some dirt, tree bark and rain water?

Or do you need to go BUY flour, sugar, eggs..etc.?

That isn't to say that some free sounds aren't good... but the time it takes to listen to all the ****ty sounds to find a good one could be better spent making music

beatmaker13 said:
what if you broke (like me) and need free stuff

People aren't as broke as they say.

As I always say lately, start selling the crap you have that is not helping you get this music thing going: stuff sitting around collecting dust, etc.

Back