Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Favorite DAW for sampling?

Tallen is online now The Beatsmith
    Thanks

Favorite DAW for sampling?

Sign in to disable this ad
    Any DAW that is aimed towards audio or just overall a better "production" daw?

No biased opinions please. ;P

I've heard a lot a buzz about ableton.

B3Bomber is offline B3Bomber
    Thanks
    It's not considered by many to be a full fledged DAW but Maschine is the go to for sampling. Or i just use SliceX in Fl studio.

Tallen is online now The Beatsmith
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by B3Bomber View Post
    It's not considered by many to be a full fledged DAW but Maschine is the go to for sampling. Or i just use SliceX in Fl studio.
    I've been trying to figure out FL Studio and the FPC. I understand how to chop samples up and stuff but when it comes to time stretching the samples to match the tempo dear God.. I get how to time stretch if I'm looping but when I'm chopping.. dear God.

2infamouz is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    I've been using maschine mainly to just chop samples, then import them into a different DAW.

B3Bomber is offline B3Bomber
    Thanks
    if i'm chopping in fl studio i never use the FPC. I use SliceX. it assigns each chop to keys or pads and you can assign each chop to its own mixer channel for further processing. as far as making everything line up. when your chopping multiple samples you just have to make sure your chopping on the beats and also know what time signature its in. if it sounds a little off i use the timestretch function in SliceX to get it as close as i can to make it sound good. also to further clean things up i might add a little reverb and delay to make it sound a little more cohesive. On a side note maschine has a function for timestretch where you can type in the tempo and it will stretch it for you to match the tempo.

bconover93 is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallen View Post
    I've been trying to figure out FL Studio and the FPC. I understand how to chop samples up and stuff but when it comes to time stretching the samples to match the tempo dear God.. I get how to time stretch if I'm looping but when I'm chopping.. dear God.
    yeah. that's why I only use slicex if I'm keeping the tempo the same. otherwise I create the samples in the playlist then save those. then lay the sample pattern in the step sequencer.

Xabiton is offline Belly Flop King
    Thanks
    I really like sampling with Maschine. Its not a DAW but its the best sampler I have ever used in the software world and it can run stand alone or as a vst. Ableton Live has a lot of good features for sampling but I do not like the gui on Live devices personally. A lot of people swear by FL Studio for sampling but I don't like FL studio at all.

SoulGhost is offline Master Soul
    Thanks
    Not really a D.A.W. per say but SoundForge is the best audio editor i've ever used.
    Whether i load a track or sample it,it all goes to SoundForge first.

Apply effects,timestretch,chop (etc.),then load them into MPC Editor or another D.A.W and i'm ready to go.

franknitty69 is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    all the DAWs out can sample. what sets them apart is what you can do after. most people sample and the next logical progression is to chop and get the chopped samples onto pads or keys. some DAW's are good at that, others or not. so much that they make 3rd party tools for the job (kontakt, recyle, etc).

also the different daws have other features for other functionality such as recording, music production, mixing and mastering. things like included plugins and instruments, midi editing, audio editing, etc. there's also the workflow of how all these things get done.

i've used cubase, logic, pro tools, reaper, live fl studio and reason. i've always been anti-pro tools because i always believed that you didn't have to spend 5k on soundcard to make good music. but pro tools make sense if you are a engineer and for its mixing/mastering workflow. not to say you couldn't do the same in cubase or logic. you can do everything in any one of the DAWs i mentioned. the difference will really be the ease of use.

that being said my favorite daw is logic because of its 64 bit support, advanced midi editing, advanced automation and overall useability. i love cubase a little bit more but i stopped using it once i made my main workstation the macbook pro. i still use it tho. Live would be my 2nd choice and bringing up the rear is is pro tools.

as far as speed is concerned nothing can beat fl studio and live for sampling and quickly putting down a rough idea.
    Usual Suspects Entertainment
    We make the crowd move.
    http://www.djnyce.com

sound_bwoy is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    I use maschine for sampling and chopping samples. It is really fast and easy to use.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information