Ever see comic book diggers? or are you one?

G

Gilson

I went to a couple Half Priced Books around my way to get some records this morning and I ended up talking to this dude in line who had a huge stack of comics. I've seen these dudes before swarming around the comic book bins, but never really thought of it as them digging.
After talking to this dude for a little bit I realized that sh*t is pretty much the exact same as diggin for records.
Just thought it was interesting..

Any of you guys dig for comic books or seen them dudes around the way?

Last edited by a moderator:
yea my cousin collects comics he has **** that's worth a $1,000 . he draws really good so he finds this **** inspirational

Way back when, I would look for treasure. Found a few, but just like anything else, the chance of finding vintage #1s/rookie cards/rare soul/funk records/antiques is very slim.

That's funny my dad and I were just talking about this last night because he use to have a trash bag full of old comic books but when he moved out from his crib in VA he left them there and they got thrown away.

My uncle still has a lot of comic books that are worth $$$ but i don't know if he'll ever sell one. He's a big collector though...many trash bags full of them.

my dad said he is literally sitting on a gold mine.

Last edited:
I use to dig for comics anything punisher i would cop half price was my one stop shop i would get a new book a bunch of records and some comics all under $50

^punisher is my sh*t. i dont collect comics or anything, but someone once gave me a bunch of old ass x-men, avengers and the first captain america comic. i brought them to one of the joints i cop vinyl at and the dude basically told me they were worthless cuz they weren't in mint condition. Some of em looked pretty good to me, but i guess them collectors want that ish immaculate. he offered me
$30 for the whole stack of about 25 comics lol. fail

^punisher is my sh*t. i dont collect comics or anything, but someone once gave me a bunch of old ass x-men, avengers and the first captain america comic. i brought them to one of the joints i cop vinyl at and the dude basically told me they were worthless cuz they weren't in mint condition. Some of em looked pretty good to me, but i guess them collectors want that ish immaculate. he offered me
$30 for the whole stack of about 25 comics lol. fail

Those places do there best to rip you off though, I would find somebody who knows about that ish to tell you just incase.

Those places do there best to rip you off though, I would find somebody who knows about that ish to tell you just incase.
True, true, but the guy seemed reasonable. He did show me that he already had most of those in much better condition (and some in almost identical condition that he was selling for $5-10) and said I might be able to get more money on ebay or something, but that he couldn't invest too much, because he'd have to sell all the other ones before he made his money back on mine.

Back