Drums drums drums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Spektor

I had a guy say I need to work on my drums..(he listened to my sig)

what does he actually mean, (this could be an opinion and not fact)
He is a southern based rapper.

#1 the actual drum sounds I use?
#2 the way I implement my drums as part of the beat?
#3 the variation of the drum sounds?
or
#4 drum pattern?

I dont know what hes talking about. U guys can view my sig and let me know...........

I think my drum work is good.

Please let me know what u guys think

the beats arent playing i just hear vocal tags give us some direct links perhaps or upload your beats directly

wait a minute it just took a while for the beat to kick in weird anyway listening to your tracks your drum don't sound good or bad just generic and loud. The mixes could use a lot of work though

Learn the process of mixing your drums, EQing them separately, choosing the right sounds for the track, do you want a soft snare, hard snare, snap, clap? Layer some sounds too, play around, it's not going to happen overnight.

Don't take production advice from rappers.

Just listened. Drums sound good, and seem to be mixed good too.
Ignore said rappers advice.

Last edited:
I played the 1st track only, and I'm listening on little 1" laptop speakers, but the drums are coming through good here, and sound good. Not to stereotype but I generally don't take anything a dirty south rapper or beatmaker says about drums too serioursly. To most of them, if you dont have an 808 kick, super clean ear piercing high hats and tiny snare roll, your drums are wack, lol. I personally feel the exact opposite. I prefer real, natural sounding drums, and yours sounded good, on my laptop at least, in that regard.

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

btw I was once told the same thing by a dirty south rapper, and on the track he was referencing I had actually used the Impeach The President break, looped and sampled straight from an mpc. Then I listened to his and it sounded like a souljah boy reject track, lol. So I guess he thought the Honey Drippers drummer needed some work on his drums, lol.

Drums sounds good to me. Come through clearly and mesh into the song good.
Like all the other said, don't listen to any rapper, they don't know what music production is about.

ok which tracks were the best sounding ones? drums and melodies

to hotboi??

---------- Post added 01-24-2011 at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was 01-23-2011 at 08:28 PM ----------

is the site easy to navigate.which are the best beats

couldn't listen to the beats cause the vocal tag was too annoying. The drum sounds sounded good, drums were pretty sparse/mellow, maybe he was looking for something with more energy. Got any beats without the vocal crap on top to give you more feedback?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah he was a Downsouth rapper.on some wacka flokka, gucci man tip

yeah if u listen to your drum programming and u get advice from someone who raps on trap beats most drums will always come back as boring. Trap drums imo are all over the place

Hi

As in previous posted subject I have found that DW drums sound really great and is very easy to tune.
Does anybody know if they use some different process at DW to produce the tom shells?

i go hard

one up i go hard

---------- Post added 02-16-2011 at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was 02-08-2011 at 08:15 AM ----------

i be 120

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back