Drumkits yall

drunkenmasta

What drumkits do you recommend? There´s so many out there that i dont even know what to look for. Let me know yall. Thanks!

Note: Mods, this fits in the starters forum as well so i hope that this is ok. If not, pm me so i´ll know for the future;)

i have recently been informed of the roland 808... if i were you i would search for 808 drumkits that people have sampled. the sounds are nice, especially the kicks. i hear the 909 is good too.

Get an easy wav editor program like cool edit or soundforge. If you have hardware than ofcourse thats cool too. Get some james brown songs like "Funky Drummer", or "Hot Pants"...and another good song to get is "Impeach the President" by the Honey Drippers.

You can chop each open kick,snare, hi hat etc. out of these songs and you got yourself some nice drums. Than go look for more records to chop. have fun!

Last edited:
drunkenmasta said:
808?? THat beat up old miami bass stuff that lotta down south people use now?

haha. great example of different styles of hip-hop and rap. hear in northern cali the 808 is a god. almost every bay area song has an 808 sound in it. music over hear consist of 808s and wierd samples out of no where.

808s are alot better than people realize.

slik da relic said:
whatever drums that dont sound like u already have, u take. u dont leave any out.

da relic

BO!
I mean "Yes" I agree with what he said

Back