Drum samples

Star27

What are some of the drum samples use for edm trap and twerk genre besides the Lex Luger, JJ, Zaytoven and so on they all sound the same. Listen to these beats and you can tell these drums stand out. I'm curious what they use because their drums just doesn't sound like your typical trap.

I'm starting to come up with my own originality and not use other people's samples. That means using own recorded vox samples and manipulate it to pitch up and down. I think you stand out better. I think you shouldn't follow trends if you wanna be known you have to bring something new to the table.

they are the same sounds,, practice sound design, mixing is an art in itself,, but all the sounds I heard on those songs could be found in a Lex Luger kit ...

Yeah you're right. But what make it sound that thick? Do you think there is any outboard gear running through the chain? From what I heard even if you send it to outboard gear and do nothing to it you'd still get that special sound that you wont get it in the box. Not trying to start an argument here just curious. For example this beat here...

I think it's the video which creates the illusion of making the beat just sound better. LOL.

Last edited:
I am convinced it's not outboard gear. To test this.. just keep repeating the song until you get bored of the sound. I think it's the first impression you get when you tune in for the very firs time, the beat catches your attention but when you listen to it over and over it start to get boring. It's just a good sound selection and overall mixing. I'm not sure about that Kid Ink organ though. Don't know how they got it to sound like that.

Last edited:
it's crazy when people from different continents make american music.. it's like they copy what they see in videos to a T LOL

Back