Does kanye remove elements of his samples?

D

del roy

Does kanye remove elements of his samples? or are they full samples? How do I go about removing elements of samples?

Lately I've been using izotopes rx3 to remove snares and certain other elements. Depends on the sample

He probably gets trackouts with the clearance but if they don't have the stems, bandpassing can get rid of certain elements

Kanye has a staff to analyze and replay samples live so that he can sample that with select elements removed or changed at his request. There is an interview with Evidence from Dialated Peoples, where he goes into how Kanye had a sample he couldn't clear played by his guys. Then he would have a musciologist listen to it and determine if it had been changed enough to avoid needing clearance. Crazy stuff.

lIKE THE comment above me said, kanye chopped his samples, create the melody with his chops and then ask his crew of musician to reproduce the new melody. There are people in the bussiness who are paid only to do this. so that's the answer for that, that almost none of us can do unless we got the $$$$

if not, EQ EQ EQ EQ EQ lol and EQ again. use Eq to take out what you hate, After use another EQ to raise a little bit what you like from what you have left. And last but not last EQ again what you hate, because raising frequencies certain places will raise the whole spectrum. So you have to re clean it again.

You probably won't believe me, but in this song produced by me, I use two samples. One fro the guitar/main melody and another for the vocals. And the part you probably won't believe, is that the vocal were not accapellas, I cleaned the sample with EQ. EQ is your best friend when it comes to sampling. https://soundcloud.com/alwaysskilled/beats-by-as-on-the-run

or in this one, where i used one sample, and i chopped it, Laid my same chops on 4 different FPC on fl studio. One for my low, one for my mid, one for my hi and one for my vocals. then I played with them chops. https://soundcloud.com/alwaysskilled/as-now-i-see

hope it kind of helps you create a vision on how to clean samples.

No he always been known to add to samples using live instrumentation, maybe filtering certain frequencies but thats as far as it goes I'm sure but then again nobody would really know.

Back