Does anyone wanna show me how to sample and make a song out of it

T

thorobreed77

Im just now getting into sampling but my weakness is chopping samples and making a totally new track. I wanna get it down pat so i can join u guys in ur sampling tournaments. It looks like alot fun.

Everyone sucks when they first start. When 9th Wonder made his first beat back in 98' he thought it sucked. Practice Practice Practice. Watch tutorials and producer interviews to learn tips and tricks. When your not making beats listen to music made by your favorite artists and study it. Believe in yourself and never stop doing what you like no matter if people try to bring you down.

start by taking a classic sample and matching it to a famous drum break, like "funky drummer" "skull snaps" or "synthetic substitution", once you're comfortable with that, start being more creative and try chopping and warping the sample more and slicing up drum beats, maybe start adding a couple of your own instruments, next try making a beat with multiple samples, after that, well... it's up to you, maybe once you're comfortable putting stuff together, start working on mastering/mixing techniques at the same time......

start by taking a classic sample and matching it to a famous drum break, like "funky drummer" "skull snaps" or "synthetic substitution", once you're comfortable with that, start being more creative and try chopping and warping the sample more and slicing up drum beats, maybe start adding a couple of your own instruments, next try making a beat with multiple samples, after that, well... it's up to you, maybe once you're comfortable putting stuff together, start working on mastering/mixing techniques at the same time......
man, i wish i woulda thought of the sample break idea when i first started. Oh well.
@thorobreed77 maybe we could make a list of easy samples for you. not too many maybe like 5 of us. I think you should focus on chopping instrument hits, then work on vocals later. Don't even make beats yet. Exclusively chop up samples. Don't do drums or bass until you get the hang of chopping. Listen to guys like 9th wonder, J dilla, preemo, pete rock, and kev brown. dudes that can make hits. Oh, and learn your history. Listen to alot of soul and jazz joints. Welcome to the club.

YouTube has a gazillion tutorials on how to chop samples making them into new songs is totally on you. Think of the song as sounds or putty that you use to mold into something totally new and unique.

YouTube has a gazillion tutorials on how to chop samples making them into new songs is totally on you. Think of the song as sounds or putty that you use to mold into something totally new and unique.

This...

Back