Does anyone know who 9th wonder samples

orjanbeats said:
What did he use for Lloyd Banks - One Night Stand ?

i dont know, but that is one of the worst 9th Wonder beats ive ever heard...just one simple loop, minimal drums and no bassline...or maybe thats the genius of it?? gettin some fool to pay prolly 20-30 grand for a beat you made in 4 minutes...:D

Mako said:
I know for a fact that he samples the mess out of Bobby Womack. My dad use to love Bobby and i've found he has sample that guy in more than 10 songs (that's counting remixes of course). Other people may be Willie Hutch, Curtis Mayfield, The Dramatics, and even Sam Cooke. Like Pimpmatik said, he's got a good ear for music!

There's not much you can do with Willie Hutch since 3 6 Mafia has pretty much killed all of his samples

The Blix said:
i dont know, but that is one of the worst 9th Wonder beats ive ever heard...just one simple loop, minimal drums and no bassline...or maybe thats the genius of it?? gettin some fool to pay prolly 20-30 grand for a beat you made in 4 minutes...:D

Yeah I think that's what's so cool about it - it's just a loop, but damn it's so soulful! I wonder how much he got payed for it ...

MySpace Gangsta said:
There's not much you can do with Willie Hutch since 3 6 Mafia has pretty much killed all of his samples
yup. i died after i spent $5 on The Mack soundtrack when i realized like half the songs had been sampled.

i love the beat "Heartburn" he did for Sean P. on the Monkey Barz album. and the beat "I Dont Know Why" from the Chemistry album.

Yo, thats a very good question, but I'm sad to say that only a few catz have answered your question with encouragement. 9th samples a lot of catz including new school catz. He also has a lot of sampling methods. Check into Minnie ripperton, will downing, dramatics, spinners, gladis knight, curtis mayfield, quincy jones, 5th deminsion, keith sweat, usher, Michael Jackson, Peaches and Herb, O jays, The Dells, Marvin Gaye, Barry White, Ruffus & Shaka... just dig. Find what music you like and sample it. If you want to sample the catz 9th sample, then do so. 90% of the time, I go behind artist and sample exactly the way they have done to learn technique. Stay up man. Peace.

~LeeMo

let me add that he rarely samples intros and outros,he'll grab an non-obvious part of a song and make it a loop.He has an incredible ear for sampling.

Get the Beat Tips Manual...

Cause it will give you a great introduction to Hip Hop production. If you don't recognize any of 9th Wonder's samples then I would say that you should spend more time familiarizing yourself with music.

3-6 has not used all of Willie Hutch's stuff. It's about creativity. Ya'll need to familarize yourself with Black cultural in general. For example:

The Mack is a cult classic and very influential thus chances are you are not going to come to find a loop or phrase is pretty nieve. However it's still a good record to have and like someone else said in this thread it is IMPORTANT to be able to vibe with the music. Once you spend some time wit the record then I'm sure you will be able to find some ****. But yea, all the obvious **** on the Mack has been used.

Nevertheless...

Go get all of Curtis Mayfield's catalogue, Stevie Wonder's catalogue, Willie Hutch, etc. Not necessarily to sample but, just to have a good basis of what this is all about!!!

Some cats be trying to dry hump the culture and its real wack...

PEACE

^^ good post.. in addition to the Beat Tips manual, you could also check out the Deep Crates documentaries.. there are also some short digging documentaries on youtube

silly 1,100,100 time Q?

hIS samples are just loops with good "ARRANGEMENT" the thing is....look for the rare samples and the "INSTRUMENTS" within the track to extract them and use them with a variety of other samples to make something sound truly...different...if not ...stick to ''SYNTHING" YOUR BRAIN MATTER...til you get an understand of how to...play a real woodwind,brass,percussion,drums and then come over to hip hop

i found like 2 songs but he chops the junk out of the sample

i like the string samples a lot! many of the artists previously mentioned like the chi-lites, stylistics, temptations, blue magic, heatwave, etc all have great strings. but great voices to sample are al green & ron isley...they sound real clear depending on the sample.

Back