Do you's sample drum sounds

I usually get kicks from drumkits, and then play with the EQ untill I like them.
Good luck,
Peace.

Yes, I sample a lot of drums. I'm guilty of taking from MP3 even. I also have an acoustic drum kit I am looking for a nice room and some mics for. i don't recommend sample CDs.

I'd say a good 95% of the time my drums are coming from vinyl. The other 5% its either a synthetic drum sound I made or a Reason Drum refill which I very rarely used. I have a few drum refills but don't really use them.

Almost all of the drum sounds I use come from records. I've been recording drum sounds from records to my computer when I check out my new digs for years and have accumulated a nice sound library.

Last edited:
In my past experiences sample packs were garbage.

Just that I like to start with clean samples whenever possible.

Not really into sampling from songs cause you can't get rid of transients.

What I have been doing as of late though is sampling from drum breaks.

In my past experiences sample packs were garbage.

Just that I like to start with clean samples whenever possible.

Not really into sampling from songs cause you can't get rid of transients.

What I have been doing as of late though is sampling from drum breaks.

Drum breaks come from songs #confused.

I don't understand why people who sample anyway pay for drums? That sounds silly. Then again I also don't understand why people who sample would buy a sample pack but won't buy a turntable and vinyl.

I don't understand why people who sample anyway pay for drums? That sounds silly. Then again I also don't understand why people who sample would buy a sample pack but won't buy a turntable and vinyl.

Lol. I dont see why anyone would buy a sample pack with all the free shit out here either.

I'm guilty of taking from MP3 even.

unless you are mic'ing real drums, all drums are samples. And this quote is like saying, "I steal, I'm guilty of taking from wholesale shops even."

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Lol. I dont see why anyone would buy a sample pack with all the free shit out here either.

I still pay for pussy.

i got a bunch of breaks i go through and take kicks/snares and all that..nothing wrong with doing it..you'll find its real common!

I've never bumped into a sample pack I actually liked lol. I'm super picky about drums

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

unless you are mic'ing real drums, all drums are samples. And this quote is like saying, "I steal, I'm guilty of taking from wholesale shops even."

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

I still pay for pussy.
I wouldn't admit to paying for sex. And sampling drums from a mp3 vs vinyl offers a world of difference. You lose a lot of low end sound when going mp3. Frequencies you feel mostly. People using mp3s are working way harder to get a good sound.

only drum i ever used that was sampled by myself was some drums from Bonita Applebum (Tribe Quest)

I rely on samplepacks. my 3 favorites are 9th Wonder Kit, Deadly Drums, Croup Drums.
I have like 300 drumkits on my PC all downloaded.
I don't use 808s and 909s. To me those drums sound so corny if you compare them to vinyl drums.

only drum i ever used that was sampled by myself was some drums from Bonita Applebum (Tribe Quest)

I rely on samplepacks. my 3 favorites are 9th Wonder Kit, Deadly Drums, Croup Drums.
I have like 300 drumkits on my PC all downloaded.
I don't use 808s and 909s. To me those drums sound so corny if you compare them to vinyl drums.

I have 808s and 909s off vinyl. If you use it right Sexual Healing's 808s work very well on some stuff.

Definetly Sample Drums ,Kicks,Snares,hats,especially drum rolls...I personally like to stack sampled vinyl drums with synthetic drums to get em that fatness...Pre-created drum kits are for people who dont like to dig or just dont know what to chop off...Its really what ever floats ur boat

Back