dirty south & originality

Young D Tha Future said:
ok not all sampled beats sound old school look at kanye
thats the problem. everybodys tryin to sound like kanye.

ok not everyone, but a lot of the noobs, that havent developed there own style yet.

dirty south beats r pretty dope i sample alot but i make music that comes outta me sometimes its some crasy synth 808 stuff but in general its deffinitly the simplistic lyrics of the dirty south rap that i have a problem with but sometimes its hot

To be really honest the South is making huge dough right now...Production wise imo, DS music is better than/and to some extent more musical that east coast/west coast/midwest production...Primarily bc theres soooo many sounds that can be used

But maybe i'm biased bc i live in NC lol

Now rapper wise the South is below the totem pole..

But then again this comes from a guy who loves Little Brother and Gucci Mane lol

Threads fueled by prejudice, pride, and stupidity.

Look at what's created. Keep dancing puppets. I'll keep making my south beats with samples in them that I sell to West coast and NYC artists.

Y'all keep coloring in the lines and fighting over the same red crayon, when you all have access to every other color in the pack.

its not really about the beats, its the rappers who turn ppl off to southern music. the beats are fine, not somethin i would run n buy but its still good stuff. its the artists that take the attitude that lyrics dont matter, who kill hip hop. waka flocka said it hisself, and if he didnt i would never know who he is but for a "rapper" to tell u str8 up
"i dont have, nor do i need lyrics" it makes u wonder where hip hop is heading.

cosign@deranged
When I first started,i emulated a style of Juicy J and DJ Paul,and I still adore their work(minus this new bs they putting out)...the south has so many producers thats been doing they thang the past 10yrs..music is music...different music for different genres in different places for different people...somebody gona buy into it...it just maynot be for you@ppl that give the south THE THUMBS DOWN

Nothing at all is "WRONG" with it, just a whole different culture. So I do see how my lingo must have been confusing earlier. I certainly did not mean to slide everyone out of their comfort zones.
son im actually not white suburbia, im black from Brooklyn, NY and i didnt understand one f*ckin word u said in that post either, which is EXACTLY why the south gets so much criticism when it comes to the music. everyone uses the same...ok actually ill say 95% of the producers use the same drum kit (cuz there's only one available, i dont know) 808 kick, electric soundin hand clap. mixin that sound with bad grammar is just not a good look for Hip Hop or music in general for that matter...like a lot of people, im not a fan of it.

i like some southern music lol. i prefer old school sampling over it.. drumma boy is one of my favorite producers along with shawty redd..

Back