Digging in the crates is becoming less and less popular

I don't have a usb turntable so I buy records to listen to, if I find a song on the record I want to sample I go to youtube and find it.

I don't have a usb turntable so I buy records to listen to, if I find a song on the record I want to sample I go to youtube and find it.

you can do it without a usb turntable, you can get a cheap interface for under $50 and that would make more sense than listening to high quality (vinyl) then flipping low-quality (youtube.)

you can do it without a usb turntable, you can get a cheap interface for under $50 and that would make more sense than listening to high quality (vinyl) then flipping low-quality (youtube.)
That or just use the interface your computer already has for starters (if you haven't already upgraded it to something more suited towards music production), usually will need a 1.5mm stereo plug on the computer's end.
You would simply record from the audio outputs of what ever you are using as a preamp (some stereo receiver, a separate phono preamp, dj-mixer). That's the way it is usually done and there really is no need for a usb connection on a turntable.

Last edited:
^good point jyri as if you get a dirt cheap interface it probably won't sound better and you'll want to replace it at some point anyway so you're essential burning that money away.

Just curious as to why cats are still "wiring" into interfaces and soundcards and all that when you can use an audio streamer and record ANYTHING that plays on your computer?

Peace

If you can't make time for diggin then it is not a passion for you....when you e dig you know exactly what you're getting..but I enjoy the surprise of buying that dusty ass record sitting in the way back of the shop for a buck and there being a sick sample on it

1361913554_tumblr_m9dt30BkUT1r7ux8qo1_500.jpg

that's a great question, most of the time shazaam is my best friend when im not at home, I have vinyl and Ive exhausted most of my library.
I have a usb turntable. I think People loose patience tho, It can take hours or minutes depending on the record.
Nothing beats diggin.

Back