Creative Sampling Ideas...

H

heemz44

To be honest, Im tired of reading all the same post about sampling from other peoples records. I feel like being more creative with my music. Dont get me wrong, I still sample, but what I am trying to do is CREATE my own sounds and use them to make my beats. (The original way of sampling).. I was making this post to see what are some of ya'lls favorite ways of creating new sounds...

What are some of ideas of creating any of these sounds:

Kicks

Snares

HiHats

Toms

Claps

Cymbals

Yo I make my own sounds sometimes. I use a digital recorder and just record sounds around me. I know it might sound funny but I got a good snare from slapping somebody and recording the sound. I tweak them a little in Pro Tools afterwards. Also, try emulating the sounds you're trying to make and recording them. Be it with your mouth, hands, slappin your girl's azz...lol, whatever makes noise, sample it and tweak it. It's a lil tough at first finding sounds, but once you get started you'll start to notice all the different sounds around you.

i bring samples in and chop them small and find a sound out of it that i like and then i bring that in by itself and tweak it i never loop someone elses track i feel like im stealing when i do that even tho i hear hits created like that it just aint me

also you can take vocals and put them into recylce and drag the pitch and sometime you can get some cool sounding drum fx

Last edited:
heemz44 said:
To be honest, Im tired of reading all the same post about sampling from other peoples records. I feel like being more creative with my music. Dont get me wrong, I still sample, but what I am trying to do is CREATE my own sounds and use them to make my beats. (The original way of sampling).. I was making this post to see what are some of ya'lls favorite ways of creating new sounds...

What are some of ideas of creating any of these sounds:

Kicks

Snares

HiHats

Toms

Claps

Cymbals

if you wanna make ur own drum samples maybe you should go get a drum set a pair of mics and some Audio processing equipment (EQ,Reverb,Ect.)

Record the individual sounds in ur audio sequencer and edit it down to a single wav one shot.

THen edit it the way you want to.

Currently I'm into drum breaks a lot. I find the drum break on a vinyl, and sample it to my PC, and then I chop up the various parts: kicks, hihats, open hihats, snares, etc. I've actually gotten a rather large collection of various drum sounds that way.

I always tag the filename with the original song I sampled the drum sound from, so I know where I got each and every little sound from...

It's SO much more fun sampling drums yourself than using sample-pack drums.

i got a siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick kick drum i sampled it from a fat machine soundboard on the net, i just tweak it a bit and add some bass to it, sounds sick lol

fart machine*

Last edited by a moderator:
i love chopin up some drum breaks an tweakin in up to use in a beat

Back