Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Heretic Beats

Thread: Creative Sampling Ideas...

heemz44 is offline Member

Creative Sampling Ideas...

Sign in to disable this ad
    To be honest, Im tired of reading all the same post about sampling from other peoples records. I feel like being more creative with my music. Dont get me wrong, I still sample, but what I am trying to do is CREATE my own sounds and use them to make my beats. (The original way of sampling).. I was making this post to see what are some of ya'lls favorite ways of creating new sounds...

What are some of ideas of creating any of these sounds:

Kicks

Snares

HiHats

Toms

Claps

Cymbals

GoodKnight is offline Watchtower Productions
    sample em...duh?
    "I be the VP of Marketing and Promotions//Producer and Arranger with a range of emotions"

myspace.com/goodKnightVA

I Make Magma is offline Registered User
    im lost, what the hell are you asking?

cheezdaproducer is offline I dream in .wavs....
    Yo I make my own sounds sometimes. I use a digital recorder and just record sounds around me. I know it might sound funny but I got a good snare from slapping somebody and recording the sound. I tweak them a little in Pro Tools afterwards. Also, try emulating the sounds you're trying to make and recording them. Be it with your mouth, hands, slappin your girl's azz...lol, whatever makes noise, sample it and tweak it. It's a lil tough at first finding sounds, but once you get started you'll start to notice all the different sounds around you.

SIDETRACK is offline Sidetrack
    i bring samples in and chop them small and find a sound out of it that i like and then i bring that in by itself and tweak it i never loop someone elses track i feel like im stealing when i do that even tho i hear hits created like that it just aint me

also you can take vocals and put them into recylce and drag the pitch and sometime you can get some cool sounding drum fx
    Last edited by SIDETRACK; 10-01-2008 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

burnem_usunder is offline Avid Beat Maker
    Quote Originally Posted by heemz44
    To be honest, Im tired of reading all the same post about sampling from other peoples records. I feel like being more creative with my music. Dont get me wrong, I still sample, but what I am trying to do is CREATE my own sounds and use them to make my beats. (The original way of sampling).. I was making this post to see what are some of ya'lls favorite ways of creating new sounds...

What are some of ideas of creating any of these sounds:

Kicks

Snares

HiHats

Toms

Claps

Cymbals
    if you wanna make ur own drum samples maybe you should go get a drum set a pair of mics and some Audio processing equipment (EQ,Reverb,Ect.)

Record the individual sounds in ur audio sequencer and edit it down to a single wav one shot.

THen edit it the way you want to.

Heretic Beats is offline "Bringin' back boombap!"
    Currently I'm into drum breaks a lot. I find the drum break on a vinyl, and sample it to my PC, and then I chop up the various parts: kicks, hihats, open hihats, snares, etc. I've actually gotten a rather large collection of various drum sounds that way.

I always tag the filename with the original song I sampled the drum sound from, so I know where I got each and every little sound from...

It's SO much more fun sampling drums yourself than using sample-pack drums.
    likes this.
    Studio: Numark PT-01 USB | Akai S1000 + MPD18 | FL Studio | Geist | EZdrummer | Bass + V-Station, etc.
    WWW: www.hereticbeats.com

Thrillz306 is offline Senior Member
    i got a siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick kick drum i sampled it from a fat machine soundboard on the net, i just tweak it a bit and add some bass to it, sounds sick lol

fart machine*
    Last edited by Thrillz306; 10-04-2008 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

gldnchild86 is offline Warrior Member
    i love chopin up some drum breaks an tweakin in up to use in a beat

Thread Information