Crate Diggers w/ club jams.....

Scratch n Beat

Anybody know any good club tracks that contain record sampling??? I'm trying to see if its possible to be a crate digger and still make a club jam.

Jaylib - The Red
Jurassic 5 - What's Golden
Any Beatnuts beat
Lords Of The Underground - Tic Toc

just to name a few examples that really shake the floor...

What's Golden wasn't sampled actually. Well obviously that little horn and the Chuck D vocal thang but the keyboard loop was programmed, although I haven't a clue as to how they did it. Cut and Nu are crrazzyy....

Sampled beats that would be good in the club are around tho for sure :

PUTS - Hang Loose
Black Sheep - Choice is Yours (Revisited)
ATCQ - Check The Rhime among many others
Group Home - SupaStar
Nas - Made You Look
MOP - Ante Up
Show, AG, Big L, Lord Finesse - Represent

There's so many others though ..that's really just a small taste

... I don't really feel like naming specific tracks...

BUT..

Neptunes interpolate ALOT of stuff...

Timbo samples ALOT of stuff...

and Blaze is 98% sampling... Pump it Up comes to mind... that was more of a remake of an old hip hop joint though...

^^^ yea pump it up is always the first club track that was sampled that comes to my mind

Which club bangers aren't sampled? Non-sampled songs are like the Yeti...said to exist, but proof is lacking.lol

big timothy said:
What's Golden wasn't sampled actually. Well obviously that little horn and the Chuck D vocal thang but the keyboard loop was programmed, although I haven't a clue as to how they did it.

yo man, you better get in the know a bit before you make statements. what's golden samples the song "Look Hear" by Clive Hicks, which appears on the KPM Library LP number 1121 named "Fusion", released in 1973.

If you don't believe me, here's a soundclip

the main line that plays the whole time IS from there. it is chopped, but you can clearly tell. same goes for the organ. so the whole song is sampled.

i'm rather tired of people pretending to know **** when they don't...

you know that track Party Starter by Will smith with ludacris doing a lil john impression and just yelling ****? who produced that?

declassified said:
yo man, you better get in the know a bit before you make statements. what's golden samples the song "Look Hear" by Clive Hicks, which appears on the KPM Library LP number 1121 named "Fusion", released in 1973.

If you don't believe me, here's a soundclip

the main line that plays the whole time IS from there. it is chopped, but you can clearly tell. same goes for the organ. so the whole song is sampled.

i'm rather tired of people pretending to know **** when they don't...

Yooo chill out money. I must've been misinformed and I apologize for giving that wrong information. I heard that from a cat that usually knows his stuff so I took for granted that it was true so my bad. No need to jump my ****.

jizzer said:
Which club bangers aren't sampled? Non-sampled songs are like the Yeti...said to exist, but proof is lacking.lol

That's not true...

There are plenty... like most of Storch's stuff... and some Cool and Dre stuff..

Most of the stuff in the club right now is composed come to think of it...

oooo... Crazy in Love was also a sample... and that **** was CRAZY in teh club... everybody went crazy for that

big timothy said:
Yooo chill out money. I must've been misinformed and I apologize for giving that wrong information. I heard that from a cat that usually knows his stuff so I took for granted that it was true so my bad. No need to jump my ****.
sorry for that :) i shouldn't have wrote it that way. i was just annoyed because people often pretend to be really sure of something when they actually are wrong.

Yeah money it's cool. From pullin out that library wax in half a second you seem like you definitely know your stuff.

kid848 said:
That's not true...

There are plenty... like most of Storch's stuff... and some Cool and Dre stuff..

Most of the stuff in the club right now is composed come to think of it...

oooo... Crazy in Love was also a sample... and that **** was CRAZY in teh club... everybody went crazy for that

??? Did you mean 'Crazy In Love' was also NOT a sample? Because it was a sample beat. (Chi-Lites)

Most of the stuff in the club (at least hip hop) is not composed (although sometimes they will replay the sample rather than use it as is) and Storch and Cool & Dre sample and interpolate big time...like I said, if non-sampled songs are supposedly out there, where are they? Just because you don't know the sample doesn't mean it's a composed beat.

Last edited by a moderator:
jizzer said:
??? Did you mean 'Crazy In Love' was also NOT a sample? Because it was a sample beat. (Chi-Lites)

Most of the stuff in the club (at least hip hop) is not composed (although sometimes they will replay the sample rather than use it as is) and Storch and Cool & Dre sample and interpolate big time...like I said, if non-sampled songs are supposedly out there, where are they? Just because you don't know the sample doesn't mean it's a composed beat.

No... which is why I said "oooo... Crazy in Love was also a sample... and that **** was CRAZY in teh club... everybody went crazy for that"

I disagree taht most stuff in the club is composed. And I'm not saying that because I dont' know the sample... I'm not in the mood to sit here and think of tracks that I've head in the club... but chea... all I'll say is for hte past 2-3 years, Dirty South music- which isn't as sample based- has been in teh clubs.. at least in Philly..pretty heavy

bobsmitt said:
last time i checked laffy taffy wasn't an interpolation, neither was most of the southern club bangas.

exactly my point... I didn't even see this...

Last edited by a moderator:
kid848 said:
I disagree taht most stuff in the club is composed.

I disagree too? (you're using double negatives on purpose?)

And I'm not saying that because I dont' know the sample... I'm not in the mood to sit here and think of tracks that I've head in the club...

Sorry you're not in the mood. I didn't ask you to respond if you didn't want to, but I think it was you that said 'most' club songs are composed, so it should be easy to list all the composed songs if they're the majority right?

but chea... all I'll say is for hte past 2-3 years, Dirty South music- which isn't as sample based- has been in teh clubs.. at least in Philly..pretty heavy

I agree, fair enough.

Back