A complete bewbie question

A

AltheKiller

A complete newbie question

what do I need to sample vynl.

I know I need a turntable, but what kind? I dont plan on reall skratching, mabey just for fun every once and a while=), so I dont think i need two tunrtables.

can someone give me a basic set-up were I can get some quality samples if I were using the mpc1000 or an asr 10. Thanks for any post.

Last edited by a moderator:
... If you don't plan on scratching, any old turntable will do... you could find one at any pawn shop...or better yet garage/yard sale or flea market.

well if I can use any old one im good=). My friend told me he saw one at Gohchalks for 40$. I can definatly find one at a garage sale. Thanks, you just saved me lots of $$$=)

i have the pt-01s which i use with a in/out cable from radio shack and an imic which i plug into my pc and record vinyl onto

That_beat_aint_right said:
Get a good quality needle

That's exactly what I was going to re-post...lol..

Make sure the needle is in order...

Are there specael needles for sampling? Also why do poeple sample from vynal, couldnt they sample from cd and get better sound, or doeas vynal have a more thumping feal to it?

different strokes for different folks basically. some people like the sound of vinyl better (im one of them) some people prefer cd its all about what u want. Ill sample anything from cds, vinyl, cassette, radio it doesnt matter to me as long as it sounds good in the end

Back