clean sampling bass?

F

Foecunditatis

anyone in here know how to sample the cello from a full jazz track from john coltrane - smoke stack .. i currently using cubase sx3 i struggle with this for like 4 days i and cant get a clean sample especially the piano >.<

if you're trynna get the bass try to look for a part where there's a few seconds of playin' without any other instruments playin'. or you can filter the sample and make a filtered bassline.

yeah but if it's a chello then he can't really filter it out, because a chello has way more harmonics than, say, an electric bass.

so you'd have to look for breaks where the bass is playing alone (or just with hi-hats etc) and take that.

declassified said:
yeah but if it's a chello then he can't really filter it out, because a chello has way more harmonics than, say, an electric bass.

so you'd have to look for breaks where the bass is playing alone (or just with hi-hats etc) and take that.

A cello doesn't have MORE harmonics, it has different harmonics.

what are you trying to do
when you sample it is their drums under it
or it just doesnt sound clear when you sample it

MadTiger3000 said:
A cello doesn't have MORE harmonics, it has different harmonics.
that's really smart, but it doesn't change anything here. i was saying that if you low-pass an electric bass, you don't change its overall sound too much. if you lowpass a chello at the same filter frequency, it will lose most of its character because the harmonics are much more important for its sound.

declassified said:
that's really smart, but it doesn't change anything here. i was saying that if you low-pass an electric bass, you don't change its overall sound too much. if you lowpass a chello at the same filter frequency, it will lose most of its character because the harmonics are much more important for its sound.
fact. same with any acoustic low end instrument compared to an electric. try cutting off half the high-end sound and see if they become less noticeable.

beatmaker13 said:
what are you trying to do
when you sample it is their drums under it
or it just doesnt sound clear when you sample it

i scan all the song, rite now im strunggling to filter out the piano sound on my sample ( which only have the piano sound and cello)
prob on f key? but yeah any tips and trick?

Back