Chopping and Sampling with FL Studio & MPK Mini. Beginners help.

DayyTyme

[h=2][/h]
I have just got into producing and I figured out the flipping and sampling is something that i'm really interested in. I use FL Studio with a Akai MPK Mini controller. Ive been watching a bunch of video on YouTube with people using a MPC to chop up samples but for some reasons I cant get my chops right.

What I do is, after ive selected my sample I throw it into Edison and select my chops. After, I add each chop to FPC. When I press each pad on beat, it does not come out as smooth as I want it too. It's like I am missing some parts of sample i've selected.

What am I doing wrong? And does anyone have any tips on how to make sampling a song better?

I am into Hip-Hop music and my favorite producers are JUSTICE League. So that is the type of style I am shooting for.​

Have you ever tried Slicex? You control how hard the sample is sliced, meaning it can come out as smooth or as rough as you want. You also get an ADSR envelope (amongst other things) to control how the slices end up sounding.

Last edited:
I have tried SliceX and its alot easier. I found out that one of my problems was figuring out how to stop the sample after I put it on the FPC. So that helped things go a lot smoother too.

What exactly is an ADSR envelop?

on each pad of the fpc, set 1 to cut and cut by instead of 0 071612_1927_ChannelandF12.jpg, would sound smoother. it will not overlap

Back