Chopping samples manually vs auto chop. Does everyone auto chop these days?

Which DAW has this auto-chop you all speak of? I enjoy manually cutting samples but i wouldn't mind giving it a shot as far as drum breaks.

Yeah auto chop is good for drum breaks. Any DAW should have auto chop, its pretty standard.

Do your own sh1t boy, stop being a lazy producer.. And as for beat detect i never use that, my chops might not evenn be the same tempo as the beat but you would never know listening to the riddim. Do your own thing or be another 'them'..

i know a whole lot of people who use chops made with there recycle, i say make your chops only way your gonna develop an ear for it +something a program can never do

Sometimes you can get cool sounds with autochopping. I always chop the sample my self, but sometimes I'll autochop the same loop I'm already chopping manually and compare, or use each for different parts of the song.

With either one though, you can always go into the chop and adjust when necessary.

best method right there, gives yourself more avenues to use IMO.

OK...My 2Cents. I have been doing this for awhile. My first sampler was a guitar pedal. Chop manually, auto chop who is to judge...really I respect everyones opinion because I have done it all. at the end of the day make a dope beat/track. Advantages to auto chop is there are times you get that rare hot loop and I say let it ride. I will auto chop that loop and play them in sequence to get a manual time stretch effect going on (pitch stays the same and the tempo is based on how fast or slow you hit the pads). Manual chopping gives more control true but I have autochop just to get an Idea on how I may want to chop it manually. There are no rules to this shit just make good music. The machines do what they do because of hip hop producers wanting more options out of the gear. When they saw and understood what we was doing with these machines & programs they started making the features that we wanted. I say be creative because there are some real creative ways to use auto chop and still create some unique shit believe me I know. Auto chop is a great tool. Manual Chopping is a great art. There is room for both if we keep an open mind to creativity. So at the end of the day 'Do you " and make hot shit. It aint where you from its where you at! It don't matter how it was done so long as the end result is FIRE! thanks for reading.

auto chop is mainly for inspirational use- cause say u aint wanna chop an u want creativity to spark quick thats why auto chop was built to give an idea then work around that idea, personally i think if u know how to use it in the way u want ur work flow to werk for u ..auto chop is good as it is badd .. but dont take it as
being lazy look at it as a TOOL ..

autochop..have not learnt how to do this but manually chopping is better for me i can pin point exactly where and how i chop up the sample

Sometimes I use autochop then delete unnecesary marks, it works fast.
But chopping samples 100% urself makes your a better (wo)men

I've never tried auto chop, I always manually chop. Unless I hear every chop I want from the sample immediately, I like to go from start to finish playing different parts on my pads while manually moving the start+end around and see what comes out of it...I can usually get some pretty nice chops that way.

never tried autochop although i use a program that has it built in.

to me, it's close to cheating. but... that's to me. if that's your style and you make sick shit with it, than noone can really say anything. as long as you're happy with your work, **** the haters.

just do it how you're comfortable. i personally prefer to manually chop, program my own drums, and either play or filter in a bass if needed... because it's my style. but other people play original notes, sample drums, whatever... like i said, if it makes you happy, then do it.

Its all about your sound, try them both. Being an Sp-404 user, I tend to chop the samples myself. I could easily load the sample up on the computer and chop it perfectly with no pops, but I feel like it adds a little to my music when I don't

When i started i learned how to use autochop on the MV-8000 but now i'm working with Fruity Loops which is 3 times easier to chop than on hardware so yeah, i chop my samples manually now. i chop up entire songs if i want to.

Always add Attack +1 to get the plops out of your chops. easy

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

i never chop up drums cause i already have good drums from the internet.

Back