can you suggest other software for sampling apart from FL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edison in fl i think works good enough, i quit using other software to chop cuz edison cpmplies wit all my choppin needs, well thats me :confused:

Last edited:
Dude you can use any program for sampling. As long as you can chop samples and re arrange them any way you want. I remember every audio editor has that capability but You can try Reason with Recycle or use the nnxt sampler in reason.

I strictly use Sony Acid Pro. It has a Beatmapper feature that makes it pretty easy to find loops in a sample. Once I map out the loop, then I'll chop it up and rearrange as needed, render it, and pull it up in FL.

ive never used FL, but from what i've heard, edison is as good as any basic sampler...

i too strictly use acid pro...but i dont use fl....never tried it is it keul??? always figured id stick with acid and continue learning that program, than starting over and trying to lean a new program...idk i fiddled around with abelton for a min and was like ...uhhhhh wtf and an just stuck with acid...i like to freestyle with it and paint drums and watnot...just wondering the advantages of other software over acid..

other software is bpm, ableton, logic, pretty much anything that got a sequencer in it.

but fl has been great to me, tho edison is a beast for choppin, thats what i use but thats me and it fits my work flow. I like doing everything in one program cause i move fast when i make a beat so i wont loose the idea i got. reason and recycle is a good combo but it didn't fit my worflow, all the exporting and stuff i didn't like it.

but try all of em out and see what fits your workflow the best.

FL is really cool but i dont use edison to chop, i use audacity and 3hen i have to scramoble voice snippets, i use fruity slicer...can anyone help post a link for the setup of acid, please, i want to try it...thanks guys..

I like Wavelab because i can sample and at the same time fix the track if needed.
It has some descent Spectrum / Level Meters , Phase Scopes etc and it's simple to use.
But if you just wanna sample , all audio editors do the job.

My mama's sister's baby cousin's boyfriend's third uncle told me bout this place called piratebay.org where you can...*cough* "find" *cough* a lot of different software for use....

wavelab is cool :) and it's easy too, great for starting..export it into wave than load it into reason ..that's it :) and in reason, you don't have to strictly use nn-xt sampler, because other samplers have their own nice functions :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back