Can I do this?

H

hippidyhop

Hello, I'm not in your biz but I have a high school project. We have a project writing a theme song for our soccer team we'd like to arrange it (dance style). My question is, I would like to use Mariah Carey's (Morales Re-Mix) "My All" drum intro and use that loop throughout my song. The winner will have it pressed and released. I understand their are laws about this but being a newbie, I'm not quite sure what I'm allowed to sample, if anything.

Thank you... Ricky

Anyone? I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, there are laws, but since it's for a school, I doubt they'll follow any of them. Mariah sueing a school would just be bad press, and theres no a lot of money to be made, so...have fun with it and don't worry. (Think of how many highschool cheer squads have probably ganked Holla Back Girl...)

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. but lets say we want to release it, put it out there on the internet, etc... Will I get slapped on the wrist.

Thanks...

R.

unless youre selling thousands of copies, the worst that will happen is her record company would email you and say 'please remove this from your site'

chances are they wont notice, and if they do they wont give a ****.

You wont get 'in trouble' unless you're makin hella dough off it.

Back