BPM and sampling question - please help... FL STUDIO PROBLEM???

MistaMayotte

Mista Mayotte
Ok I dont really know how to explain this in text but ima give it a try neway.

So we all know when you want to sample something you want the original BPM of the sample. Obviously there are countless ways to do this... what I usually do is tap it out and place it in the mapping. simple. works every time... but here is my issue...

If i want to sample a song and that song is at 88 BPM... as long as I have my BPM set to 88 in my software the sample's drums and my drums should be on the beat (assuming the sample is placed properly). meaning the down beats should all hit the same time the sample does. Only when I download a song from youtube or anywhere else... The sample will be bang on the beat for the first -4-8 bars but then will fall off little by little as the song progresses. I always end having to re-place the sample so it stays on. Its almost as if the BPM of the song is changing. speeding up or slowing down as it plays. But just by a point or two... but obviously this isnt the case as majority of songs always keep the same bpm uniform. and this is happening to almost every time i try to sample something... so what gives?

I thought maybe it was a memory issue so I went out and purchased like 28 gigs of ram... loaded it all in my computer... didnt fix it. thought it was a hardrive issue, bought a new one... didnt fix it. So they only thing I can assume is that it was a software issue... but even after a clean re installation of the software and even my OS I still have this problem.... does anybody have this issue or know what im talking about? is there a fix or solution? its driving me insane...

software: fl studio 9 10 and 11
memory/ram 32 gigs
harddrive 2 tb
windows 7 ultimate
duo core procesor

sorry about the grammar... well not really... but any help would be g8ly appreciated. thanks in advance.

yea dude ur at the wrong tempo lol and some songs u gotta chop man they arent all gonna just fall perfect theres swing and there grooves arent quantized u gotta learn to deal with it like the rest of us man lol

Back