Beats u thought more highly of before hearing original

wescadwell

I got this idea from another forum but figured Id bring it here for discussion. Just think of a song u thought took a lot of work like chopping and the percussion etc. only to find out the original sample is nothin but a straight loop. I got nothin wrong with loops if a beats hot its hot. Id have to say Dr. Dre and Snoops Nuthin but a G Thang

Disappointing Beats

Money aint a thang - JD and Jay-Z
My Name is - Dr. Dre

Through the wire

through the wire

Last edited by a moderator:
it was a Dj premier track, of the Owners, i fogot the name tho, i was freakin mad..lol...but it was still dope

That Big Poppa.

That **** made me mad just because I was in love with that song. I listened to that song and that song ONLY for like 6 months. I was in like 6th grade.

I was upset when I heard the Isley Brothers. And get even madder when other people sample it, lol.

Puff Daddy - Victory

Was bitten off a rocky soundtrack.

He pretty much never makes up anything original. Shake ya tailfeather line came from a song called harlem shuffle. House Of Pain "Jump around" bit off the intro to Harlem Shuffle.

Last edited:
who did dre sample on still dre and nothing but a g thang?

nevermind i just found it LOL, and dre always saying in interviews he don't like sampling

Last edited:
Peedi Crack and Oschino - Temporary Relief. STRAIGHT LOOP, with some kicks, snares, hi hats and crashes. Its still a dope beat though.

I'd have to say, "Light it up" by Little Brother. Probably one of my all time favorite songs produced by Nicolay and i thought he did it all him self until i went through my Al Green records and heard that same horn. Still a hot track though. If you don't know...you better ask somebody!!!

this type of thread always pops up. and the G Thang beat is number one. I always knew that was a sample. But he replayed the bass and strings.

Jay Z - Girls, Girls, Girls. I played that song over and over too. Very disappointed. Why Just, why. damn, damn, DAMN. lol

warren g - regulate
biggie - juicy

both songs are stil dope for me

The Throneholder said:
Jay Z - Girls, Girls, Girls. I played that song over and over too. Very disappointed. Why Just, why. damn, damn, DAMN. lol

LOL!!! "Girls..." Is still one of my all-time fav beats, regardless. But I'd have to say "Pushaman" by Kanye West. Tell that nigga chop sum'n up!

Back