Araab Muzik Mpc Perfomer Vs Quality Beats

his style is his own, which is a plus... i cant listen to his style all day though.

Anyone with an MPC who chops in fractions can do the same thing he does. No hate. But if you chop in fractions and rapidly hit buttons everything lands on time. Looks cool to folk who don't do the same.
i agree with deRaNged, bcuz when i was in a few beat battles, i would have my RS7000 preprogrammed, and settings saved, so it would look as if im transforming a sample into a finished product live on stage, but in reality, each transformation would be saved on one of the 6 settings.. the finished beat would be on bank number 6... the crowd would go nuts!! its all about memory, and knowledge of ur equipment.

here's 2 vids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bvKNCGQFRc

da relic

Last edited:
For someone that signified the his own sound I think you guys are kinda bashing him. I mean the guy has good beats man, he's sick on a live drum set and piano too I believe.

@ dubs, he produced rubberband stacks for busta/cam/vado if that counts lol.

I'm personally a fan of his style. I loved the Boss of all bosses tapes. So much in fact that the classic hiphop soul type of beats have become hard for me to listen to with the same liking I used to have for them.

His style may seem basic but I dig it

i give credit to Exile and his live prformances where hes using the slider control to slow down the whole beat and then he starts judo choping the mpc 3/4 pads at a time.

I see bustah is impressed but i am yet to see a beat produced by Araab for Bustah. And i dont see any co-produced traks by the alchemist either.

i also see he has a sample playing out so its not as technical as a drum set or busking on the drums. its also like choping a sample thats a loop over 8 bars and just going in sync with it.

i am also interested in if he actually samples as hes stated that hes a piano player. If a drummer then play the drums live why replace the drums with a mpc when we all know live drums are king. i can understand the portability issue but there are no videos where there are drums or a turntable even present

oh ya ive been a fan for Damu since day one as hes grown up with a musical bakground and he makes fire beats as a i also really respect him as a digger and a sole user on drum breaks..

Im not trying bash Araab at all, its good that hes geting out there and seting his own path in life. I want people to argue and debate on the sunject of his MPC skills vs his actual beats, the sole purpose of a forum is to argue and voice opinions with your peers.

Nike has given his a deal on performance. Nike is a performing company. He did not get a deal with nike on his beats alone, trust me. I found that his beats when he first came out all had the same kik and snare, which as a digger am not a big fan of. There needs to be layering etc....

and yes he makes some good music when he switches stuff up. I understand that he is a piano player and drummer i would just like to see some of these things before you start ataking a big cry baby like kanye that he stold your style. And may i say that No Ideas Original.

Lol... I don't think he was serious with that Kanye thing, if he was then lol no comment. I understand what you mean though, Everything plays a part tho, Some people actually prefer quantity over quality, so it's all preference mostly.

i like some araab beats but if you pull some of them up youre going to find the same drum kits... i dont understand if youre a drummer why the same sound shit? especially if youre a professional drummer/piano player... i especially dont understand that when you actually release an album production you have the same griffin scream....

BTW, I wasn't bashing dude. It's like Scott Storch and his use of mod and pitch wheel. He shouldn't impress other producers. You should "know the trick" already.

anyone who's got a beat with the pads laid out in a familiar fashion can do that, with some decent coordination. It's not really impressive to me, plus like someone said, playing live, everything sounds perfect on time. When you can program it to flow just as well, thats another story, because plenty of times i get my chops sounding PERFECT but once you record, it neeeeeeeever quite sounds the same until you add the fine-tuning

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

BTW, I wasn't bashing dude. It's like Scott Storch and his use of mod and pitch wheel. He shouldn't impress other producers. You should "know the trick" already.

exactly. you think his mod wheel usage would impress Herbie Hancock?

lol

i think what he does on the MP is sick, but 3 out of 4 of his performances sound the same. imo

very true. Im still waiting to see him perform on the drums as has a "professional" or the keyboards at least

hes like an and1 type of nigga(minus Rafer "Skip 2 My Lou" Alston
Stephon "Starbury" Marbury) who dribbles alot all fancy but cant make a shot to save his life no classics under his belt hes horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^^ Agreed. Blow My High was nice, Salute is nice, Cuffin, and a lot more that I can name. Call it what you want, but in my opinion he's actually talented on that MPC. I think his live performances are for show purposes because he does make some quality instrumentals. Maybe not the soulful sound a lot of hip-hop fans look for, but that doesn't make it wack.

his best beat is called Top 5 Dead Or Alive and is nothing like his usual played out sound.

theres 1,001 producers like him.

About Kanye jacking Arab's style?
I dunno when or where Arab said that and if it falls in line with Kanye's runaway video, but for those of you who haven't seen it, in Kanyes video he has like a minute clip of him doing like an arab style jam session on the MP to his song "power," its pretty dope but yea.. I could see if thats what Arab was talking about

but like everyone else, I think arabs beats are okay, he would probably still be a successful producer if it weren't for his MP skills but I think his MP skills are what has made him a name for himself... He's truly ****ing incredible on the MPC.. you can't deny that

kanye jacking araabs style because he plays an mpc?

araab is seriously ignorant if he thinks hes the first or only person to treat the MPC as an instrument.

hes even more ignorant if he thinks hes the best at it.

araab got rare talent...and if u listened to his new music qulaity is insane..went to the kids crib and he showed most of beats...alot of drums are the same though...but right now my fav producer for sure

Back