anyone sample prog rock

dirtysouth

yo anybody sample any old school prog rock, been getting into it lately, wanted to know some bands i should look out for when i go record shopping again. I know dilla and black milk samples some prog rock who else does it also.

I also do it
But i don't want to share my secrets
im with him..im sittin next to a crate of prog rock right now that i still gotta dig threw today just search around on google find a couple bands then find bands similar to those and so on

Last edited:
Lots of peeps do.
Don't know how to, though. Can't stand a minute of it.

Start with Pink Floyd, King Crimson and Jethro Tull and work from there. But keep it under control, you might puke your guts out if you listen too much.

Rush is perhaps one of the best prog rock bands of all time, listen to their older stuff though, 70's was their prime. ELP are pretty good. I dont know if it would be good for sampling but glass hammer is a REALLY awesome prog rock band. Yes is also a really good band. I dont know about sampling but these are some top of the mill prog rock bands.

EDIT: King Crimson is also hot, check out 21st century schzoid man. (I knew about it before guitar hero :) )

Last edited:
I love Prog Rock dont really share my secrets tho but there are so many blogs dedicated to it more then Soul and Jazz

Rush is perhaps one of the best prog rock bands of all time, listen to their older stuff though, 70's was their prime. ELP are pretty good. I dont know if it would be good for sampling but glass hammer is a REALLY awesome prog rock band. Yes is also a really good band. I dont know about sampling but these are some top of the mill prog rock bands.

EDIT: King Crimson is also hot, check out 21st century schzoid man. (I knew about it before guitar hero :) )
Rush is indeed dope..Fly By Night is an iLL album

Rush is indeed dope..Fly By Night is an iLL album

Yea man, I haven't listened to rush in ages tho. they actually got me into music and playing bass. Just remember to stay with their earlier stuff, later on they got really synth poppy and then became balls out hard rock.

EDIT: jamming some rush now. Proggy goodness

Last edited:
Back