another sampling inquiry

C

CLStonedage

ok so i know there is alot of advice here but some points seem to counter others or cancel completely so i decided to just post my questions instead of searching thru and getting even more lost.i'm new to the sampling game but not to sound production and recording..

1. I use Logic to cut the bars i need ( usually do a little more than i want just in case) should i be finding the original tempo of the track here also or leave as is (120) or make it 90-100 which most hip hop falls into?

2.Then its off to recycle to tweak...should i make the tempo here the tempo i want to make my track or should i make sure this is the tempo of the original? and when i change the pitch should i change my tempo so the cut offs dont occur?

3. In reason5, i want to use the dr. rex or nnxt i know poly has to be 1 and release all the way yo get the MPC feel but my problem in reason is stuff still sounding off...as in the sample not matching my tempo..i try to get it but its kinda weird when the original song is tempo 130..understand? am i cutting it right..i tried cutting on the 1 then on the snare and then both but still run into some of the same problems.

This might be lengthy but any help or insight is welcome..

Peace

I used to have this same problem.. I'd chop in Audacity or Edison then drag it in FL on my FPC lol. I never found the 'Kick. Snare' technique that helpful. I find choppin on the MPC wayy easier. Try choppin by ear I guess. Sounds like yr puttin too much thought intoit..

Thanks man...i think i am thinking about it too much...its not math right lol

all sounds a bit complicated lol. i dont use the same programs but all in all i just try chop by ear. but sometimes if you slice it into quarters and try get all those in beat then it works. with a loop that is.

I just use hardware and don't really worry about numbers - just slow down and speed up the samples, mess with the tempo till I find a groove

Back